SASS Wire Forum

Prince of Pistoleers - trash talk starts in post 50!

Grizzly Dave

OK, Cool. I'll likely be close to the closing time for registration that day, so I wanted to make sure I know where I'm going. Wasn't sure if it would be down at the cowboy range or up at the main shooting park clubhouse. Down at the range it is.

I'm starting to get excited, this will be the first (other than Winter Range) of only a couple of annuals I can get to this year.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems like it's snuck up on me, don't feel like I'm ready.... but I'm sure I'll get ready. Besides, once the beep goes off everything is on autopilot anyway.

Don't know if I'll make it in by 4 to pick up my packet on sidematch day or not, would have to leave here awful dang early to have a shot at it. If nothing else I'll check in Friday morning and go from there.

Really looking forward to my first PoP match. I have heard nothing but good things about this match and the people

Really looking forward to my first PoP match. I have heard nothing but good things about this match and the people

Yep & them comments are all true..great shoot with a terrific bunch of people !!

Golly!!!

Har it is 11 days to go and I already have enuff ammo loaded.

That's gotta be a record fer me!!!

Chili Pepper (the procrastinator) Kid

Well, I shot a match today to fine tune a couple of things....

When I concentrated on those things, they went KABLOOOOEEEEYYY, and not in a good way. As in things didn't go well, not that they blew up, not to worry.

But on the stages I just ran on autopilot things went pretty well. So I reckon I should just run on autopilot and let the chips fall where they may.

Well, I shot a match today to fine tune a couple of things....

When I concentrated on those things, they went KABLOOOOEEEEYYY, and not in a good way. As in things didn't go well, not that they blew up, not to worry.

But on the stages I just ran on autopilot things went pretty well. So I reckon I should just run on autopilot and let the chips fall where they may.

I've tried that strategy. I thought all was going well til I tripped over a big ol' pile of chips! :blink::P And since I haven't fired a shot since the Florida State match in early January, I imagine I'll be slippin'n'trippin' on plenty of chips at POP. Lookin' forward to the match all the same. Lefty Rhodes and his wife Angela are rolling into our place mid next week for a visit prior to the match. It will be their first time at POP and we're lookin' forward to lotsa fun!

SEE Y'ALL THERE! :)

Just ran across the following in the match listing on the Events Wire. That is an impressive list of sponsors!

The Powder Creek Cowboys are proud to announce that Hodgdon Powder Company The Gun Powder People©., have agreed to be the Title Sponsor of the 2015 Prince of the Pistoleers - SASS Kansas State Championship. Today, as over the last sixty years, the success of Hodgdon Powder Company is due to the quality products and satisfaction of their loyal customers. We thank Hodgdon Powder Company for their continued support of the Powder Creek Cowboys and the sport of Cowboy Action Shooting

We are honored to have the following companies as Sponsors:

CZ-USA , is the exclusive US importer for firearms from Ceska Zbrojovka and Zbrojovka Brno in the Czech Republic as well as their line of shotguns from Huglu, Turkey. CZ-USA is the holding company for Dan Wesson, a premium handgun manufacturer in New York, and the Safari Classics line of custom sporting rifles.

Digital Ally is a technology-driven company specializing in advanced digital video police cameras, fleet event recorders and law enforcement surveillance equipment. Utilizing the newest generation of technology, they developed and manufactured the industry’s first Digital In-Car Video System integrated into a rear view mirror; compact, waterproof ATV/boat/motorcycle video systems, personal body cameras, a digital video system integrated into a law enforcement style flashlight, a revolutionary wireless microphone and the most advanced LIDAR speed guns available.

Giby's Custom Gun Leather uses only domestic hand selected leather. The leather is double shouldered, vegetable tanned, and is free of all caustic chemicals and salts that corrode metals. Hand crafted using lock stitch, hand rolling and burnishing the edges, testifies to the highest quality work. Lastly, all of the orders are built one at a time by Giby himself guaranteeing the finest holsters available in Cowboy Action Shooting.

Midland Radio Corporation is an international industry leader in wireless communications with affiliates in Italy, Bulgaria, Germany, Poland, Russia, Spain, and the United Kingdom, as well as representation in Latin America. Midland develops high quality consumer products such as GMRS Two-Way Radios, Wearable High Definition Video Cameras, Citizen Band (CB) Radios, Marine Radios, Bluetooth intercom systems, and All Hazards/Weather Alert Radios.

Recollections Historic Clothing Company Have you ever envisioned yourself back in time…when genteel women wore delicate lace trimmed camisoles, pantaloons, bloomers, petticoats, blouses, bustle skirts, feather trimmed hats and lest we forget, elegant ball gowns. Made in rich velvets, taffetas, satins, and cottons and lavishly trimmed in a virtual treasure trove of laces, ruffles and beaded bodices. Recollections makes it possible for your dreams to come true!

Rieke Grading Inc. / Thorn's Tree Service is a full service excavation and tree removal company specializing in commercial and residential excavation, block retaining walls, rock retaining walls, and environmental remediation. Since 1987, Greater Kansas City- area contractors have been saving time and money by having Rieke Grading Inc. complete all site prep work. We pride ourselves on our quality workmanship and our track record for providing on-schedule and on-budget service.

Work-N-Ranch caters to people living the western lifestyle. Keith and Linda Schomerus both agree that customer service is the key to making a business succeed. Together they bring over 58 years of experience and product knowledge to Work-N-Ranch.

Cowboy Shooter’s Supply provides reloading supplies, firearms parts, firearms sales, and firearms repair for Cowboy Action Shooters. They are vendors at many shoots, and bring these products and services to you. Their expertise is in parts, sales, and repairs for Model 97’ Winchesters.

Major Photography specializes in Professional Special Event photography, primarily Victorian style/Old West Portraiture. They travel the country covering various Cowboy Action Shooting events and maintain a studio in Austin, Texas. They routinely set up formal portrait settings on location to provide customers high quality keepsakes. As the most experienced photographers servicing Cowboy and Victorian Portraiture, they deliver products unique to the period, such as original Holmes-style Stereograms and Cabinet Card Portraiture. They also provide on-location formal portrait services for modern special events, delivering up to 8x10 portraits on site with our state of the art instant imaging equipment.

The 2015 Prince of the Pistoleers – SASS Kansas State Championship will take place at Hodgdon’s Powder Creek CAS range located within the Powder Creek Shooting Park located in Lenexa, Kansas. June 11th through June 13th, 2015 www.powdercreekcowboys.com for more information

So is it time to trash talk yet?

Who's the one to beat?

Doc Hurd? Hondo? Rowdy?

Well I am Grizz and I am coming...

So you fellers are going DOWN!!!!

Down front to pick up whatever awards you would have gotten anyway, cuz I ain't no competition for you all! :D

I'm gonna have FUN though!

Is it time yet?

Game On Grizz! I am calling you out.... **walks out to center of street** (cue THE GOOD, BAD, AND UGLY THEME SONG). ;)

OK Art, ol' Stirrup Trouble told me yer young, good looking, and faster than me in a fair fight...

But old age and treachery will win out most times!

Hey Art! What say on a few stages after ol' Stirrup stages his shotgun we swap it out for a 12 gauge, it would make for funny video watching him throw those 20 gauge shells down the 12 gauge barrels!

Hey Art! What say on a few stages after ol' Stirrup stages his shotgun we swap it out for a 12 gauge, it would make for funny video watching him throw those 20 gauge shells down the 12 gauge barrels!

It'd be sort of funny if he swapped his 20 for your 12 too. How long before you realize them 12s dont fit :P

It'd be sort of funny if he swapped his 20 for your 12 too. How long before you realize them 12s dont fit :P

Wouldn't look much different than my normal fumbled shotgun loading, cept in the end I wouldn't get them in!

I'M UP FOR IT GRIZZZ..... BUT SHHH, it will be our Lil secret...lol

Or slip him some black powder shells..heheee

Hey Griz, I have a prediction for you. I think we will all have a great time!! Make sure to throw in your guitar, fiddle, banjo, or at least a lawn chair. We are having a little jam session after the main match on Friday, while we relax before supper and side match awards. If ya don't play, I got a kazoo you can join in with. Drive safe Sir, we will see you next week.

If ya look for a garden gnome, that'd be Grizz. :P

A garden gnome... playing a kazoo... at a cowboy match.... AND I THOUGHT I'D SEEN IT ALL! :wacko::D

Dang I'm lookin forward to sum fun! Next weekend won't get here soon enuff.

1 week to go and I have a Crisis!!!!!

My traveling pard Half-fast Len and I take turns driving to away shoots and it's his turn. Since our last shoot (Gunsmoke) we have both down sized from quad cab pickups to small SUV's. So we have been having a discussion if everything will fit (I tend to.....overpack), I figure it goes with shooting Classic Cowboy. So...he says to me"Chili ya may have to limit yourself to 2 hats!!!"

THE NERVE!!!!

How is that even possible?

I feel yer pain CPK....on our trip ta tha Ohio State shoot we took my HHR instead of Buick's Colorado cuz of tha difference in gas mileage....tha beautiful new gun cart Grizz made us took up so much room that I wuz restricted ta jus FOUR....count em FOUR outfits!!!! :blink::blink: :blink: :wacko::wacko:

that wuz ruff..... :(

Calico yore saying 4 outfits for 3 days of shootin and a banquet? I'm not sure how ya cud limit that ta 4 outfits. Don't seem mathematically possible.

3 days of shooting + weather possibilities and banquets + wims of fashion...add that up and I say no less than 7 outfits and at least 5 hats.

yep, 3 days, steak dinner, and banquet....had ta make du wit 4 outfits and 3 hats....and jus wun pair of boots plus my moccasins....

still dunt noz how I managed ta git thru it..... :unsure:

but she looked grate the whole time!!

two hats???? oh the horror!!! wut about boots???? gotta color co ordinate them with outfits,,,,,blue. brown black, orange, red,,,,, better buy a trailer!!!!

Didn't say anything about boots. He know my weakness is hats.

Right now I got down to 4...

1. Hitch (Appaloosa)

2. Conagher

3. Last Stand At Saber River

4. Black dress hat.

I'm thinking when we are loading up about throwin his stuff out.

Archived