SASS Wire Forum

I have an Alpo...

Dorado

So today I took a walk around a lake on a walking path. While walking and pondering the mysteries of the world, world peace, feeding the hungry, why is my butt itchy, etc, someone passed by on a moped. Now not a vespa, a bicycle with a small engine. All around the path there are signs that say "No motorized vehicles." I've seen police stop a 10 year old for riding an electric scooter on this path. However they do allow bicycles. Now for my question....is this some kind of a legal loophole? I mean, it has pedals and can be man-powered but it also has an engine for driving. If it's not legal would he also get in trouble for driving a motorized vehicle on a sidewalk?

Just thinking out loud. Gotta do something to drown out that sizzling sound in my head.

Don't have any answers to the world problems, but soap and water helps the bottom...Dove, if you need something mild...

TL

:wacko::lol: :lol: :lol: But I just took a shower! I even used soap this time!

Different jurisdictions have different definitions of what makes it motorized, but on the bikes I've seen like that, the motor is a supplemental power source. Feets are the primary motive power. My guess is if it's got pedals, it's legal.

GIN!! Most questions of this type can be solved with a liberal application of gin.

As I understand it, a moped

flandria-moped-04.jpg

is a motor-powered vehicle that uses the pedals to start the engine. I suppose you COULD pedal it, without using the engine, but it would be like going down the freeway on a ten-speed in first. Pedal your heart out to get, maybe, three mph.

A motorized bicycle

motorized_bicycles_galleryb.jpg

is a bicycle with an auxillary engine attached to it. You can ride it like a bike, or fire up the engine, engage it, and let the gasoline "pedal" it.

In my opinion, riding a moped on that trail, should get you a ticket. But if it's a motorized bicycle, and the motor ain't running, then it's just a bicycle. No harm, no foul.

Zest, Dorado, ZEST!

Not Lava. :P

I used to use Lava to remove stage makeup after performances with the drama club in high school. It strips off grease paint really well. I also didn't have much trouble with acne either.

Well it seems I don't have to worry about my butt. Y'all are doing that for me. lol. By the way. What's wrong with LAVA? That stuff works great!

Charlie....no...just..no.

A truly wonderful thing! Especially if riding one of those bicycle things, or horses, for that matter.

And don't forget baby wipes. I heard another soldier describe them as being "like a vacation for your... rear"

Archived