SASS Wire Forum

Creative Question #3 (#2 was under #1)

Aunt Jen

Why can I eat 5 pounds of ice cream, yet gain 10 pounds?

Sugar absorbs a huge amount of water, or vice versa. For example, a gallon of water weighs a little over eight pounds, but a gallon of honey weighs 12 pounds - almost 50% more. So when you load up on sweets you get thirsty, and the water you drink stays around until your body processes the sugar and either metabolizes it, or stores it.

That's why low-carb diets show such impressive weight loss when you first start on them. Your body is purging water. After a week or two you've gotten rid of the excess water and the weight loss slows down.

I think it has to do with "women's sizes don't make sense".

When my mother was a little girl, a woman who was 5'6" and weighed 105 pounds wore a size 10 dress. When I was in high school a woman who was 5'6" and weighed 105 pounds wore a size 2 dress. If it ws from JC Penny. If it was from Sears, it was a size 3 dress. Unless it was an evening gown from Sears, and then it was a size 1.

Ice Cream is the same way. Ice Cream is weighed like lead and feather and men - a pound is a pound is a pound.

But women's sizes - length, width, height, weight, everything - have nothing to do with reality. Therefore a "woman pound" is not the same as an "Ice Cream pound".

And dat's the troof. 8ceb0880-67b3-41de-bb8d-dd336ade7f2c_zps

Hi. I've never eaten 5 lbs of ice cream. I am interested in sugar, as it makes me hungry, so I don't eat it. Usually. :)

But it illustrates a problem a lot of people have. Tks

Alpo: :) a woman pound not same as IC pound? Lol. It reminds me of how restaurant mathematics is not the same as regular mathematics----Hitchhikers Guide to the Gslaxy. Because it was discovered waaaaay back in the 20th Century on an ordinary planet, pre-Vogon, inside the third spiral arm of an ordinary galaxy, that people eating together at a restaurant on the same bill could never really figure out exactly what each person owed. So restaurant mathematics is what is used to do the calculations for intersolar hyperdrive travel.

And, if you remember, there is a restaurant on the Enterprise, and a very smart lady who works there (whoopy Goldberg). They probably dint cone right out and say it as such because they dint want the Romulans to refine their process.

Whoodathot ice cream could lead to do much.

I think it has to do with "women's sizes don't make sense".

When my mother was a little girl, a woman who was 5'6" and weighed 105 pounds wore a size 10 dress. When I was in high school a woman who was 5'6" and weighed 105 pounds wore a size 2 dress. If it ws from JC Penny. If it was from Sears, it was a size 3 dress. Unless it was an evening gown from Sears, and then it was a size 1.

Ice Cream is the same way. Ice Cream is weighed like lead and feather and men - a pound is a pound is a pound.

But women's sizes - length, width, height, weight, everything - have nothing to do with reality. Therefore a "woman pound" is not the same as an "Ice Cream pound".

And dat's the troof. 8ceb0880-67b3-41de-bb8d-dd336ade7f2c_zps

Excuse me whilst I clean the monitor yet again :D:lol::D:lol::D:lol:

The human body converts sugars (and most other foods -in OTHER people) into fat stores. Fat molecules hold water. So, your not just putting on fat (again, OTHER folks), your gaining water weight too. A camel's hump aint water -it's fat, containing water.

Why did the women get upset at church, when they were complaining they didn't like the fact that the Sunday School Classes were divided by age, I suggested an alternative that we divide the classes by weight?

You should have seen the looks I got! :unsure:

Archived