SASS Wire Forum

Internet Explorer

Hi Pards:

I read a few days ago that Internet Explorer was no longer supported, that Microsoft was coming up with something to replace it. No time frame was mentioned. I just tried to use IE and had no luck. Wonder if it is down for good. I used Google Chrome to get on now and works fine. Anyone else experience this?

Frazee

I shouldn't answer this, as I have no dog in the fight cause I'm on a MAC. From past experience however, the loss of "Internet Exploder" will not entice tears. You move to chrome is a wise one, or Firefox or just about anything else.

Coffinmaker

Internet Explorer history

I like Firefox by Mozilla.

Tried Chrome but don't care that is its a Google product.

Deleted it from the machines and went back to Firefox and Thunderbird for E-mail.

Note: I made my choice of browser and e-mail for desktop computers and a laptop.

I do not have a smartphone or tablet so I can not comment on what might be best for that application.

I also like being 1 or 2 versions behind the current versions available.

Hackers seem to go after the most current software and forget older versions.

I also use Firefox. I had problems over the years with IE.

The impending demise of IE that OP read about was somwhat distorted by reporters a few days ago. Microsoft has since clarified things. IE will be around for awhile (for better or worse.) Here's some info hot off the press: https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2015/03/23/microsofts-project-spartan-browser-will-replace-internet-explorer-but-slowly/

IE quit following standards some time ago. None of my programming is coded with IE in mind. It's all Firefox and Chrome until Microsoft can find their way again. If what I write happens to work in IE, hey great! If it doesn't, users are told to get Firefox.

Been using Google Chrome ever since Windows updated on it's own a couple years back ( despite my selecting no auto updates) and ever since IE quits after about one or two pages, if it lasts that long.

Archived