SASS Wire Forum

Why Glocks are better than 1911- educational purposes only

Dirty Dan Dawkins

My buddy, Bill Carson shoots Wild Bunch with his 1911 using black powder and claims Frontier Cartridge category when asked what category. I believe he shoots entire matches without major cleaning of his firearm!

I would worry about a Glock maybe melting under those conditions!! :o:lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will take a 1911 over a Glock every time.

I do not like the feel of plastic guns,

Glock is prone to breakage.

Nobody every got pistol whipped with a plastic gun. :)

1911 is tried and true.

Bourbon, Mary Ann and I will take a coke so that I can clean my battery terminals.

Just thought of the movie, "The Wild Bunch" and they all had Glocks :lol::lol::lol::lol: Now that's funny :lol::lol: :lol:

You can use the butt of your all metal 1911 pistol to nail the 'Most Wanted Poster' on the Sheriff's wall. Can not do that with the plastic Glock. :)

Hurts more to be pistol whipped with a metal gun than a plastic gun.

1911's rust, plastic doesn't. ^_^

More smoke & flame shooting BP out of a Glock than a 1911. 14rd vs 8rd.

I will take a 1911 over a Glock every time.

I do not like the feel of plastic guns,

Glock is prone to breakage.

Nobody every got pistol whipped with a plastic gun. :)

1911 is tried and true.

Bourbon, Mary Ann and I will take a coke so that I can clean my battery terminals.

Glock is prone to breakage?

I have a Glock and several Colt 1911's. There is nothing wrong with the plastic fantastic, but the 1911 just feels better in my hand. Frankly, if its a really scary situation..... I'd rather have my 3 1/2 inch Smith and Wesson 27 or 3 inch Smith and Wesson 29.

What's amater with you guys? You can't have catfish, corn oil, hush puppies and a party without a keg of beer!

;)

HEY!! Remember to chop some onions to go wid dem beans!!

I'll bring the white beans...

HEY!! Remember to chop some onions to go wid dem beans!!

Now we're talkin'! I'll bring da baguettes, spicy mayo, and cole slaw and we'll get some po'boys put together outta dese here catfishes.

Bud ok? I don't go for that Iron City beer with rust in it or that watered-down stuff from west of Denver.

Free and cold works for me, except for the two undrinkables you happened to mention. How 'bout I throw something from Abita into the ice chest? It just seems to go with the po'boys.

Seems like the major problem with a Glock, is, "they feel funny". Had to start buying square guns cause we finally got concealed carry. Had a 1911, and it was heavy and bulky. Shooters that I knew said their 1911s were for the range and "here's what to do when they jam." Bought a couple Glock 9s, fit my hand perfect. Bought a XDM 3.8 Compact 45. Same thing. Twice the rounds of a 1911, smaller package.

That's funny!

I'm glad somebody thought so!

I thought it appropriate, and that the campfire scene from Blazing Saddles would be too cliched.

I'm glad somebody thought so!

I thought it appropriate, and that the campfire scene from Blazing Saddles would be too cliched.

To be honest, I didn't catch it right off.

To be honest, I didn't catch it right off.

Well, since we're being honest, I'm often told by Mrs. Doc and the kiddos that I am not as funny as I think I am... :(

The 1911 over the Glock if I could only have one - I don't like the feel of the Glock in my hand - sorry.

+ 1

GG ~ :FlagAm:

my assessment :P

10 – Plastic doesn’t rust! - no, but it bends and can become brittle over time

9 – It’s newer, newer is better - uh, no

8 - ”Cocked and locked” sounds fishy - sounds functional to me

7 - 1911 is hard to spell - that says it all :lol:

6 - Cops carry Glocks. Enough said! - probably because the department told them to.

5 - Gangsters choose Glocks. Enough said! - 'nuff said is right, what do they know.

4 – Your grandpa prefers 1911s. Enough said! - Grandpa was a real man!

3 - The 1911 was designed in Utah. The Glock was designed in Austria. Name something else good that came from Utah. - princlples and values

2 – .45 is a too slow to do any good - tell that to the men on WWI, WWII, Korea, and Vietnam

1 – JAMES YEAGER SAID SO! - Don't care for the guy

One minor point. Glocks are not your daddy's plastic. ;)

I'm not gonna go back and read all the posts here so maybe someone mentioned this already but the 1911 is one of the most beautiful guns ever made. Second only to the Colt SAA. (IMHO) The Glock, while functional and well built will never win a beauty contest! :) They're butt ugly!! :D

I'm not gonna go back and read all the posts here so maybe someone mentioned this already but the 1911 is one of the most beautiful guns ever made. Second only to the Colt SAA. (IMHO) The Glock, while functional and well built will never win a beauty contest! :) They're butt ugly!! :D

No argument there. We're not talking beauty contest though. :D

Archived