SASS Wire Forum

High Standard revolver and AMT 380

Howdy the fire,

A family friend had a death in the family recently and in going through the effects we came across a couple pistols.

first was a AMT 380 Backup, one mag (loaded with one in the chamber :o ) S/N A62xxx

Stainless Steel marked Covina CA 9mm kurz, grip safety (like a 1911) and a side safety lever near the trigger

Second was a High Standard Sentinel 22 cal marked R-101 S/N 74xxxx with holster

cylinder holds 9 rounds, bore is shiny but dirty, 6" barrel

grips are dark wood but checkering has been painted with some kind of enamel

good lockup and cylinder turns easily, dovetail blade rear and screwed on ramp front

obviously used from scratches but nothing more than cosmetics

Don't know if they are gonna be for sale, just checking for someone else to see what might be a fair price

Regards

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Thank you

Gateway Kid

Your welcome. At least that's what I see AMT's go for around here at Pawn Shops and used gun stores. They typically ask $200-$225 or so. One I had was priced for within that range. I offered something like $175 and they were jumped all over it. Sold it shortly later as it jammed quite a bit and the safety would disengage and discharge if you pulled the trigger with safety on. Had an AD with it doing that.

Your welcome. At least that's what I see AMT's go for around here at Pawn Shops and used gun stores. They typically ask $200-$225 or so. One I had was priced for within that range. I offered something like $175 and they were jumped all over it. Sold it shortly later as it jammed quite a bit and the safety would disengage and discharge if you pulled the trigger with safety on. Had an AD with it doing that.

Thanks again for all the replies

I am not really interested in either pistol but these belong to my wifes BFF so I said I would look into it

I am not sure how to rate condition but both guns look like they just came out of a shoebox in the closet (which is where we found them ;) )

dirty and somewhat neglected

I am gonna recommend that they be sent to the nearest LGS for whatever $$$ and be done with the hassle.

Regards

Gateway Kid

Archived