SASS Wire Forum

Ratzen Fratzen #!&%?#!

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

Bright sunshine and 71 here in Chattanooga today; same tomorrow, only 77 degrees!

Spring has sprung. Hoss

When I left the house in NY this morning it was 34 and snowing. When I got off the plane in Atlanta four hours ago it was sunny and 74.

All things considered, I'd rather be at home. Tomorrow's meeting could be unpleasant.

We've had a solid week of melting; down to about 18" of snow left on the ground and the roof.....

And now, it's SNOWING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't Spring start next week?

LL

Oh how NICE!! I wish it would snow here, sometime. It never does. It rarely ever even rains, here. We are SOOOOOO in a DROUT.

Goodness: if it snowed in Los Angrles. Someone would snort it before it hit the ground.

Loophole, I don't put away the snow shovels till around July 4th. And when I do, I cross my fingers.

Aunt Jen, I think I can speak for most of us, up here in the Northeast, we would have gladly shared our snow with all you folks in the drought zones. If you would like some just PM us, and we'll get some headed your way.

I want to see some green grass!

Green grass looks fine if it's well groomed. But so can a rock yard, and---I know u guys have had too much snow, but---snow can also be pretty.

I think you can have too much of anything.

Here, DROUT for 3 years, they tell us. Grass is faded green because we water as little as we can , per law. I've spent a week working on sprinkler system to be more effective, save water. Water has become very expensive at 3 figures per month.... We all hoped for some rain catchup this winter, but got less than WR hoped. I took an overhead photo of a lake nearby before the "winter rains," and now there is LESS water in it than before (should have been higher) because, I'm told, they let water out of it ON PURPOSE for trout trying to swim like Salmon upstream----!!!!!!

We're water-schizophrenic, here.

If the drout continues, morefolks will wish they had a gravel yard.

High in Denver yesterday was around 72 (depending on whether you use the official temp at DIA or downtown, which tends to be a degree or two higher). High today forecast at 78! But don't tell those East Coast folks. They'll all be on the next plane out! ^_^ Supposed to be cooler tomorrow...in the high 50's. Wife is after me to prune back some of the bushes! Still, we don't plant anything until after Mother's Day. Has been known to have a blizzard the first week of May! :o

We've had a strange winter. Just went through a period of snow (about 24" total) and cold (for 7 days the highs were in the low teens) and now 3 days of 70 degrees. But hey, we can get snow any month of the year.

That's what Rocky Mountains and 7,500' elevation brings.

Archived