SASS Wire Forum

ruger 30 carbine pistol

Trigger Mike

Don't know the answer to your question, but, a long time ago when I was young and dumb, I had one.

Paid to have a 18 inch barrel installed.

then the dumb part. I thought I needed money so I sold it.

They also should have come with stock certificates in a hearing aid factory. The loudest pistol I have ever been around.

They also should have come with stock certificates in a hearing aid factory. The loudest pistol I have ever been around.

Have you ever been around a S & W .500 with the muzzle break? It's somunthin to hear!!!

sadly I owned one once and stupidly sold it as I too thought I needed the money. Now I miss it and it is expensive now and thought it would be a good pistol to hand down to my son who I will already hand down a 30 carbine from ww2 that he hunts with.

LGS has 3 of them in the back room. Not for sale.

I have one, it sure gets everyone's attention at the indoor plate matches on Single Action revolver night. Knocks the plates down pretty good too.

Sadly they won't let me shoot cap & ball at the indoor matches or else I'd shoot the Walker :D:blink:

i have one in the safe (not for sale). nice revolver. i have seen them with shorter barrels but all were cut off and recrowned.

Mine is a good shooter. Loud but a good shooter. Good companion to the Carbine.

Jeff

Knew a GySgt at the Marine Barracks at Seal Beach who had one cut back to 5.5" and ported. I though the original 7" was loud but his was intolerable.

I had one back in the mid 1980s. Loud was not the word. Also, most mil surplus loass were very flashy at the muzzle.

I bought a gun that was actually louder: a Colt New Service .4 lined to .30 Carbine. It was modified by a sea fisherman that shot sharks in the head once got on the boat. He said that the .45 ammo was too expensive. It made me wonder how many sharks one would have to shoot to justify the modification.

I sold both when I decided that the carridge/gun combo had little field application.

I had one back in the mid 1980s. Loud was not the word. Also, most mil surplus loass were very flashy at the muzzle.

I bought a gun that was actually louder: a Colt New Service .4 lined to .30 Carbine. It was modified by a sea fisherman that shot sharks in the head once got on the boat. He said that the .45 ammo was too expensive. It made me wonder how many sharks one would have to shoot to justify the modification.

I sold both when I decided that the carridge/gun combo had little field application.

I hope he carried a big box of corks.....

LL

I have a Ruger BH .30 Carbine with 7" barrel. I have seen several others but all had 7" barrel. This was dad's and it is LOUD.

A good companion gun to the Ruger .30 carbine blackhawk is the AMT Automag III. Semi auto, holds 8 + 1 and shoots real well. Somewhat of a rare gun now a days. Not too much recoil, damn accurate, not too bad stand behind and shoot........standing off to the side is another story. :ph34r::o;)

A good companion gun to the Ruger .30 carbine blackhawk is the AMT Automag III. Semi auto, holds 8 + 1 and shoots real well. Somewhat of a rare gun now a days. Not too much recoil, damn accurate, not too bad stand behind and shoot........standing off to the side is another story. :ph34r::o;)

Maybe that's it. I keep hearing about how LOUD one is. Mine is louder than a 22, but nowhere near as load as my 2 1/2" 19 with full-house 357s in it.

Maybe because it's at the end of my arm, instead of off to the side.

Either that or the plugs/muff combo works great.

Or I'm deafer than I thought I was.

Maybe that's it. I keep hearing about how LOUD one is. Mine is louder than a 22, but nowhere near as load as my 2 1/2" 19 with full-house 357s in it.

Maybe because it's at the end of my arm, instead of off to the side.

Either that or the plugs/muff combo works great.

Or I'm deafer than I thought I was.

Let a friend shoot it and stand on one side or the other........30 carbine or .357.. don't matter much. The .30 will have a longer flame and greater concussion (IMO) than the .357 but not by much. FWITW, my .30 has chased away more "side" standers than the .357 by probably 4 to 1. Curiously, I don't like the .44 mag or the like because of recoil......don't see any of that out of the .30. Then again.....it ain't a .357 or a .44. ;)

Archived