SASS Wire Forum

McDonalds or Chipotle?

Aunt Jen

I won't eat at either of them. I don't think the "fast-casual" is any healthier. McDonalds is losing a fair percentage of their business to this type of fast food restaurants. I guess McDonalds, is looking at ways to "reinvent" themselves, to get back some of this business. I myself think that there are just to many burger joints, and people are looking for something else.

I prefer a locally owned, sit down type restaurant.

I don't know that eating habits are necessarily changing in the sense of getting healthier. If you've ever seen what people put on a Chipotle bowl, or the shear size of their servings, you'll know what I mean.

Personally, I think Chiplotle is succeeding because it is a unique food that tastes great and served about as fast as a McDonald's. And if you lay off the sour cream and other stuff, the food is actually quite healthy, but that is a personal preference of mine. Oh, and you can get a beer with your bowl at Chipotle's.

Ain't Chipotle one of the ones that caved to Mothers/Bloomberg?

Honestly, eating healthier is important, but what is healthy?

Remember the movie, "Sleeper?" Woody Allen was a resurrected health food store owner from Greenwich Village, who learned from Annie Hall in the future that, it turned out, it's the deadly stuff that's healthier.

---see the egg thread herein

---more exercise is not better. 30' a day good; a Lot can actually be bad...

Just talking

I think McDonalds could offer smaller, better menus, but CHIPOTLE's needs a DRIVE THRU WINDOW. :)

Honestly, eating healthier is important, but what is healthy?

Remember the movie, "Sleeper?" Woody Allen was a resurrected health food store owner from Greenwich Village, who learned from Annie Hall in the future that, it turned out, it's the deadly stuff that's healthier.

---see the egg thread herein

---more exercise is not better. 30' a day good; a Lot can actually be bad...

Just talking

I think McDonalds could offer smaller, better menus, but CHIPOTLE's needs a DRIVE THRU WINDOW. :)

Our Chipotle has a drive through......

I prefer their food over McD's any day of the week. As far as portions go, don't eat the whole thing. I usually make two, if not three meals out of their food.

I have seen several Macs with beer on the menu. Don't go there either.

How did you not go there, but see that there was beer on the menu?

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Ain't Chipotle one of the ones that caved to Mothers/Bloomberg?

Yep, they did.

http://time.com/105602/chipotle-gun-ban/

Or just Google "Chipotle firearms policy" and you'll get a ton of hits.

Because of this cave, they're off my list of eateries.

Laz

I was strictly OK with Chipotle, although my wife likes it quite a bit. Won't go into details why I don't eat it now. I get it for her when she wants it, and get myself something else on the way home, usually Arby's. We have a local chain called "Hot Head Burritos" that I actually like better than Chipotle. More options as far as size, meats (they offer "taco beef"), and sauces. I like it, my daughter likes it, my wife still prefers Chipotle. Oh well, such is life...

I just know that in several countries, McD has beer on the menu.

Ah, I haven't seen beer offered at a McD here in the states - and if I did I'd still order a McBeer ;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

About once or twice a year the "boss" and I get a craving for a Big Mac, fries and shake. I've never heard of or seen a Chipotle, but I do like Mexican food. Just not the kind that removes layers of skin off of my tongue. Most of the time if we want "fast food" it's Arby's or Taco John's. Don't much care for Taco Bell.

Google Chipolte's food analysis. They have as much or more fat than McDonald's. It's not any healthier. I think I read somewhere they are actually associated with McDonald's somehow.

Google Chipolte's food analysis. They have as much or more fat than McDonald's. It's not any healthier. I think I read somewhere they are actually associated with McDonald's somehow.

Chipotle actually owes much of the credit to former parent company McDonald's.

McDonald's took a stake in Chipotle when it had 14 locations based in Denver, Roben Farzad wrote in Businessweek last year.

By 2005, McDonald's had a 90% stake — and Chipotle had 460 locations.

Without the deep investor pockets of McDonald's, Chipotle would not have been able to expand so rapidly.

Being associated with McDonald's also gave Chipotle more visibility in the business world than it would have had on its own.

But McDonald's spun off Chipotle in 2006 to focus on burgers and fries.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/mcdonalds-investing-in-chipotle-2014-9#ixzz3TxUrZYIF

#1 Big Mac. All time favorite. It's the same no matter where in the country you get it. Who'd a thought, thousand island dressing on a burger? Sounds terrible, but it works.

About once or twice a year the "boss" and I get a craving for a Big Mac, fries and shake. I've never heard of or seen a Chipotle, but I do like Mexican food. Just not the kind that removes layers of skin off of my tongue. Most of the time if we want "fast food" it's Arby's or Taco John's. Don't much care for Taco Bell.

Never fear , Charlie. You ain't missing anything. Chipotle isn't really Mexican food. My dear bride likes it , but I am indifferent. I would rather have Taco Bell (haven't seen a Taco John since I lived in Havre back in 1973-74).

Rex , what also likes Mexican food (Tex-Mex and New Mexico) :D

Haven't ben in a McDonald's since the shooting down San Diego way many years ago. Old Lady Crock (?), whose hubby started the place and left her most of the control of it, went berserk on an anti-gun kick. I don't knowingly spend money in anti gun places unless they are the only game in town... and the generally aren't.

As for food, it was never very good.

Discovered Culvers here (The best fish and chips in the country. Sorry Celtic Crossing, but you just don't measure up, in spite of your hype.) when we moved in and found Arbie's, too.

I'm more than satisfied with the food and the atmosphere in both places, and neither one has mentioned my guns even once.

The best Mexican food I've ever had bar none was in a family owned place in San Antonio while visiting relatives. They took us there one late afternoon when we were down by the River Walk. Haven't been back to SA since and I can't remember the name of the place but DAMN was it good.

I pay a price for Mexican food. But I eat i anyway. Just have not found a good place since I retired.

Had a dandy place near work but it went out of business. Never found one I liked quite as much.

I like a Big Mac once in a while. Would not call it gourmet food by a long way, but it will fill the hole

in my middle. I like their fish sandwich. But for burgers and fish and chips the local Red Robin is

hard to beat.

Have not tried the SOYLENT GREEN yet, Dave.

Never fear , Charlie. You ain't missing anything. Chipotle isn't really Mexican food. My dear bride likes it , but I am indifferent. I would rather have Taco Bell (haven't seen a Taco John since I lived in Havre back in 1973-74).

Rex , what also likes Mexican food (Tex-Mex and New Mexico) :D

Havre as in the town in Montana where I was born??? Sacred Heart Hospital because Chinook did not and probably still does not have a hospital

Hey Compadres, What is Chipotle allá in our land? for me, the only Chipotle I know it's the one that I put in my Cemita when I visit Puebla de los Angeles; one of the best is the As de Oros Cemitas in the food market, and yes, I prefer a 45 to 60 pesos (it's pricey for mu standards but cheap for you) or three to four dollars Cemita of Barbacoa and Pickled leg with Oaxaca Cheese than a Big Mac ever... :D (the one in the photo it's a Cemita of Milanesa, yummi with Puebla Pink Cider)

6101217680_72d81d2a42.jpg

I not live there in the US, and if the destiny put me to this places I hope that the legalization or permanent residence don't be so bureaucratical hard and slow; but as a Mexican I advice that you have to go to the Mexican comunity "barrios" and ask about the day of the Tianguis (I don't know an aproximatelly word in english for you compadres, but like a street market) and in this places you can find a lot of bussines that sells authentic mexican food as I find in my country.

And for the compadres near in Dallas, or Forth Worth, in the episode of Bizarre Food America: Dallas, Zimmern goes to an authentic restaurant; I guarantee that the barbacoa and other dishes that serves are 100% proof authentic mexican.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VYysd1V1_no#t=946

Archived