SASS Wire Forum

Speed Appropriate for Conditions?

Aunt Jen

So are we speeding?

Orbit around sun 67,000 mph

Orbit center of Galaxy 490,000 mph

To Great Attractor 5,760,000 mph

In relation to Cosmic Backround Radiation at 2,246,400 mph Or maybe 3,456,000 mph

............. So you roll down the window of your car and say, "But officer...."

"Conservative Arts Major."

Good 'un, Charlie! ^_^

Oh... and if you like Charlie Russell, you might enjoy The Sons of the San Joaquin's tribute. ;)

I'm a self taught Conservative arts major. I like Charlie Russel and Remington paintings. :lol:

------

I'm not sure why the "arts" are called liberal, or even why half that stuff are called "arts."

I think I'd have loved to study physics, but---honestly---ii was unaware at the time that I could do the math. It was Painless who taught me I could.

I thought I'd need a brain chip off the Internet, but the internet didn't even exist yet.

I don't do math well at all but I took 3 years of college physics because I liked it.

It is the only college level course I took that I felt like made sense.

Chemistry?? AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH(That's me running and screaming)

------

I'm not sure why the "arts" are called liberal, or even why half that stuff are called "arts."

I think I'd have loved to study physics, but---honestly---ii was unaware at the time that I could do the math. It was Painless who taught me I could.

I thought I'd need a brain chip off the Internet, but the internet didn't even exist yet.

You were a victim of the culture that has always maintained that women are bad at math and science. Who knows how many female potential Nobel Prize winners never went into the sciences because of that? :(

As far as Liberal Arts, I suspect it's due to the evolution of language as much as anything. Liberal did not have quite the same connotation in the past.

Like "well regulated" militia, for instance. In the context of the 1700s, the meaning of regulated was more well "functioning" rather than "controlled". But anti-gunners won't accept or address that. Today these people are called Liberals.

Back in the day, they would be called Tories....among other things. ;)

Archived