SASS Wire Forum

Some gals stopped by for a bite...

They love our Hollyhocks.

Uno sent me a pic he took this morning of some ladies having berries in the neighbor's yard. If I had a way to share it here, I would. I never tire of them either.

Uno sent me a pic he took this morning of some ladies having berries in the neighbor's yard. If I had a way to share it here, I would. I never tire of them either.

If you e-mail it to me, I can post it here.

It has been a hard winter for them here in the Noreast. They have several cedars on my place up to about eight feet high. I have been feeding them.

We have quite a few around here,SIL saw some out back last week chewing on pine needles. We have a vacant area on the corner of one of the streets that was the original well area that has an apple tree in it. After a fresh snow, you can see loads of tracks around it as they are digging in the snow looking for drops. As of this morning, theres still some apples hanging in the top of it :blush:

I like them too, but they have reached nuisance level in over-population. The State biologist says we should have no more than 7 deer per square mile; we have almost 30. I see groups as large as 17 in my yard. Thousands of dollars in ornamental plantings stripped to the stalk.

Put up a bunch of netting this past fall to try to protect the rhodies. We'll see.

We no longer have a modern rifle season in MA, so unless you are a bow hunter or a primitive weapon shooter, you're not taking any deer. That, mixed with the general movement away from farm and country lifestyles, produces overpopulation. Now we have runaway deer tick populations carrying Lyme disease, and innumerable deer/car collisions.

LL

I like them too, but they have reached nuisance level in over-population. The State biologist says we should have no more than 7 deer per square mile; we have almost 30. I see groups as large as 17 in my yard. Thousands of dollars in ornamental plantings stripped to the stalk.

Put up a bunch of netting this past fall to try to protect the rhodies. We'll see.

We no longer have a modern rifle season in MA, so unless you are a bow hunter or a primitive weapon shooter, you're not taking any deer. That, mixed with the general movement away from farm and country lifestyles, produces overpopulation. Now we have runaway deer tick populations carrying Lyme disease, and innumerable deer/car collisions.

LL

Montana & Wyoming can ship over some Yellowstone wolves for you to use for population control.

Archived