SASS Wire Forum

Gun Show Booty

Aunt Jen

Personally I prefer to advoid cci primers sticking ti federal as first choice and winchester as second fiddle. I want the primer to go off no matter what and federals do. Winchesters usually do but I've seen a hammer hit lightly the first time fail to ignite the winchester primers about half the time but very seldom does the federal primers ignite very easy so it's harder not to set them off than it is to set them off.

Reloading I load slowly and methodically when using federals because they have been know to ignite from a fast hard primer being rammed in the brass. That is why most progressive recommend not using them.

Personally I prefer to advoid cci primers sticking ti federal as first choice and winchester as second fiddle. I want the primer to go off no matter what and federals do. Winchesters usually do but I've seen a hammer hit lightly the first time fail to ignite the winchester primers about half the time but very seldom does the federal primers ignite very easy so it's harder not to set them off than it is to set them off.

Reloading I load slowly and methodically when using federals because they have been know to ignite from a fast hard primer being rammed in the brass. That is why most progressive recommend not using them.

Your hammer springs are get'n weak it you can't 'pop' a winny primer. ;)

OLG

Archived