SASS Wire Forum

:(

Red Cent

Should have sold it to finance the antipoaching ops. Now those animals died for nothing but a photo op.

Yes they should have!

Regards

Ringer

Howdy,

That works two ways. the market would be flooded for a good while and

the money could have done a lot of good.

l wonder how many single action grips that would be???

The chemical makeup of tusks is supposed to be identical with fingernails.

Best

CR

if they REALLY wanted to send a message to discourage future poachers, they should have built the pile with convicted poachers and set them on fire.

That would be a pretty good deterrent.

..........Widder

Should have sold it to finance the antipoaching ops. Now those animals died for nothing but a photo op.

Isn't that the same as asking cops to seize drugs and then sell them on the streets to finance drug raids? I'd love to have some ivory grips too, but that's the wrong way about it. I'll stick with preban or elk.

The problem with "preban" in this country is the need to prove it is in fact "preban" same with hardwood and with the jerks who are in charge of that kind of enforcement here in the US, I would never touch ivory anything (which I am sure is what they want). I will stick with the simulated stuff or with wood. I wonder if we could ever prove the ivory on the keys of my wife's piano her dad bought her when she was six was if fact "preban" cause they sure won't take her word for it.

Beware well intentioned legislation because it easily becomes a tool for tyranny.

My 2¢

Isn't that the same as asking cops to seize drugs and then sell them on the streets to finance drug raids? I'd love to have some ivory grips too, but that's the wrong way about it. I'll stick with preban or elk.

Naw, as I see it drugs kill an mess up folks. Ivory only so if still hooked to a live ELE PHANT. THAT IS PISSED

RRR

Naw, as I see it drugs kill an mess up folks. Ivory only so if still hooked to a live ELE PHANT. THAT IS PISSED

RRR

I guess you've never seen what happens to people, especially children, in Africa in pursuit of these rare items.

Probably tha same as folks here that are in pursuit of rare illegal items, arrested, shot, locked up probably even worse over there but I cant hep dat. Do I feel sorry for em ? Yep, if I was one ofv em I'd probably B doing tha same. But as I see it they wernt a dam bit a good that came frum burnin it! YMMV

RRR

I stand by my position while respecting others. The major hindrance to antipoaching efforts is money. And there went a ton of it up in smoke -for nothing. If Unisef can feed Bashideb for $1.00 a day, that money could have went far.

I stand by my position while respecting others. The major hindrance to antipoaching efforts is money. And there went a ton of it up in smoke -for nothing. If Unisef can feed Bashideb for $1.00 a day, that money could have went far.

There ye go, Ab so lut ly

RRR

Its funny (ironic) that you mentioned feeding someone for a $1 a day.

If you ever pay attention to commercials, you'll see there are some agencies wanting as little as 23-cents a day to help feed hungry CHILDREN.

Later on during the evening, another commercial informs us that we can feed an animal at the local shelter for only 27 cents a day.

I've often wondered why is it more expensive to feed an animal than a child?

..........Widder

The effect of dumping a lot of anything on the market is depressed prices and by making it worth less and increasing enforcement with the proceeds makes the risk a little less lustrous even to desperately poor people.

The food we feed our pets here goes thru certifications and processing that are unheard of in underdeveloped nations in food for human consumption. Again, costing money. But your question is fair!

I work for a national water and waste water utility. Several folks from the company bank their vacation time to go to Africa, Asia, etc. to install water purification systems to the poorest areas. Once clean water is available, these areas frequently thrive. It is the basis for any healthy civilization and it's economy. Buy all he food you want. But what they need first is clean water. The rest comes quickly to a motivated people.

Actually, a better analogy may be cops auctioning off guns confiscated from criminals, then using the money from the auctions for funding...

Regards,

Ivery

Archived