SASS Wire Forum

Jesse Stone Returns!

Yep. Jesse Stone movies are one of the few examples of TV writers doing it better than the original book writer (the other example I can think of being Dexter).

I saw the "Tom Selleck Returns" headline and was hoping for a sequel to "Quigley Down Under". But I'll settle for anything that puts him back on the screen. I always liked his work.

For a long time I was disappointed that there was no sequel to Quigley. But Quigley was such a perfect movie that a sequel would likely be a let down. About the only movie/sequel pair that I really enjoyed was Alien and the first sequel Aliens. Good sequels are so rare....

I love the Jesse Stone series. I can't imagine anyone else playing Jesse but Mr. Selleck.

I think I will put his Monte Walsh in the DVD player this afternoon....

I prefer Selleck on a horse. ;)

I fear that his "Monte Walsh" was a farewell of sorts to the Western for Mr. Selleck.

He's also gettin pretty danged old to be a cop. ;)

Aw, heck...on a horse, in a patrol car, behind a desk...it's still Tom Selleck, and he's far from decrepit. If I recall correctly, the prior 8 episodes of Jesse Stone did not include any foot chases, car chases or extended fist-fights. He did shoot a few folks, but overall, they weren't asking him to climb mountains or swim upstream. He'll do fine. It's all about the witty dialogue and the occasional bursts of gunfire.

LL

Oh I still like him

I just prefer him on horseback.

or maybe in a buckboard these days.

Guest Milo Talon SASS #23163

He's still pulling it off pretty well. Darn it, the guy is 10 years older than me but looks 10 years younger.

He's still pulling it off pretty well. Darn it, the guy is 10 years older than me but looks 10 years younger.

I'd look good too with that Hollywood makeup magic.

Probably not that good though. :)

I watch Blue Bloods every Friday night, Tom plays a police commish in NYC, pretty good show! I like the Jesse Stone episodes glad to hear it's back.

I'll betcha ol" Tommy boy can still ride a horse, if not use a stunt man, he needs to do another western!! :)

I agree with Rye, there has to be a few western scripts out there, that he could do.

I prefer Selleck on a horse. ;)

My ex wife preferred him in that red Ferrari .

Archived