SASS Wire Forum

WBAS match at Winter Range

Happy Jack, SASS #20451

Whut the Brit said....

Every night I fell into bed exhausted. Nine days of full- on shooting. Came home with 1 ammo strip & 1/2 flat of shotgun.

Wild Bunch is growing. Add some real rifle targets and shotgun targets that move. The rifle is MEH & grinding 6 s/g is MEH as well. Yes, that adds not deducts complexity and skill. Quit pinning the dang dueling tree & hostage- impossible to spot reliably.

Compensate by 20-25 pistol and add a split position or 2. I came to shoot a Natl competition and I expect that level of test. There is no qualifier- just sign up.

Bring your big feller boolits & leather & guns. The Natls should make your local shoot seem like it was worth the 2000 miles to have done it.

I shot so much that it seemed like every gun went to Joe Brisco or Jim Bowie at least once. How do ya beat that?

It's comments like this that make me wish I had the time available to attend these big matches. You make a great point about nationals should make you glad you made the trip. I can't wait until I get to attend WR. Maybe next year.

I enjoyed the match and generally the stages. As Sadie and Union Jack said though, the swingers need to swing. I saw too many bad spotting s at EOT where they also pinned the hostage and dueling trees. I think the best solution there if you want targets that small, then have small free standing targets. I've voiced my opinion on 7 rounds before(like um) and I'd personally like to see tactial reloads (we did it at the first Wild bunch stand alone match at WR without a hitch).

I do thank everyone that is involved in shooting and setting up Wild Bunch and hopefully it can evolve into the best action shooting sport around.

Simple solution, do away with the round count.

Here are the targets, shoot them in this order...... Makeup any misses, use as many rounds as necessary to complete the course of fire. Round count and reloads become dictated by the shooters ability instead of the stage description.

I like this solution!

Archived