SASS Wire Forum

"Private! You know why your weapon's not shooting?"

Subdeacon Joe

I seriously hope this was taken in basic training somewhere. At that stage, this is an understandable mistake by someone who never grew up around guns and might be a little slow.

But if it's in Afghanistan like the video claims, somebody did this soldier a serious injustice by pushing him through without training. Just setting him up to die.

Yeah, I'd bet my paycheck that it's a trainee.

If I had a paycheck. ;)

I seriously hope this was taken in basic training somewhere. At that stage, this is an understandable mistake by someone who never grew up around guns and might be a little slow.

But if it's in Afghanistan like the video claims, somebody did this soldier a serious injustice by pushing him through without training. Just setting him up to die.

I think that is the label that goes on everything of theirs.

Don't have to be smart to die for this great country.

But it helps if you'd rather not die, or cause your buddies to die.

Hope he doesn't have an infantry MOS.

From the easy going reaction of the drill sergeant, I'll guess that was Ft. Jackson, so he's not Infantry/Armor/Cav

Howdy,

It reminds me of a day on the rifle range when I let a fella try my tuned up rifle.

there were 30 rounds in the mag. He fired all 30, never offered to pay for em.

I never handed that much to anyone after that. 5 rounds max.

Lucky it wasn't expensive ammo.

If it had been that would be a different story.

Best

CR

Howdy,

It reminds me of a day on the rifle range when I let a fella try my tuned up rifle.

there were 30 rounds in the mag. He fired all 30, never offered to pay for em.

I never handed that much to anyone after that. 5 rounds max.

Lucky it wasn't expensive ammo.

If it had been that would be a different story.

Best

CR

That dang private never offered to pay for the ammo either!

I suspect he will pay for it in some fashion though. :)

got the chance to try to qualify with 1911. I got to personally witness an ensign jerking the trigger violently. cleared my weapon and stepped back. range officer approached asking why, to see the ensigns slide was locked back. I don't have to explain the rest of the story, but just glad it wasn't me!! GW

Morons like this are the ones you see on TV winning the 300 million dollar lottery. It's just the way the world works.

No, he'd have to be on parole to win the lottery and the Army won't take him while he's on parole.

...which I realized, as I typed it, isn't really true - I'd have said it was impossible, but 2 Kentucky parolees, that I know of, have enlisted while on parole, in the last 5-6 years. Maybe that guy will win the lottery.

I don't understand Sargent Sir, I was pulling on the trigger thingy.......................................

Serious mistake #2...calling the Drill Sgt "Sir"! :D

Archived