SASS Wire Forum

What's the penalty?

Cheyenne Culpepper 32827

gunfighter, stage is shoot five from revolver/s, shoot rifle, shoot 5 from pistol/s. Shooter fires BOTH revolvers for 5 shots and holsters, then shoots rifle,,, then draws again and shoots remaining 5 rounds....

what's the penalty... per written in the books?

Procedural,

A Gunfighter may not holster revolvers with the intent to engage another revolver

sequence. Once cocked, all rounds must be expended prior to holstering unless the

revolvers were drawn at the wrong time or a revolver/ammunition malfunction has occurred.

Stage design may allow a competitor shooting Gunfighter Style to stage or restage revolvers

between target sequences. If the stage scenario requires the use of another firearm between

the revolver sequences or the shooter’s hands are otherwise constrained (e.g., rolling the

dice between revolver sequences), the revolvers must be drawn and shot one at a time unless

they can be safely staged rather than holstered. In this case, both revolvers may be

employed at the same time for the first five rounds, safely restaged, and then employed at

the same time again for the second five rounds.

why? (that's what I called on myself, but looking for it I can't find a penalty listing).....

it's sort of like the old gitting shells from the TO to complete the stage, it said you couldn't but didn't have a penalty listed for it.

I'll take a stab at it RO I pg 24 Procedural enalties

• Failure to adhere to the guidelines of the category in which you are competing. ??

RO I pg 15

(Gunfighters may choose to shoot five rounds, safely stage their loaded revolvers, hammer
down on a spent cartridge, shoot another firearm, retrieve the revolvers, and finish the
“shooting string” before re-holstering.)

makes sense, Yusta!! guess I may have called it right....maybe,,,,, lately I've been wrong a few times,,,,, maybe

Well, anything outlined as illegal I would assign a procedural if a more severe penalty was not codified in the handbooks.

but before getting shells from someone else was a no no, but without penalty.....

I'll take a stab at it RO I pg 24 Procedural enalties

• Failure to adhere to the guidelines of the category in which you are competing. ??

RO I pg 15

(Gunfighters may choose to shoot five rounds, safely stage their loaded revolvers, hammer

down on a spent cartridge, shoot another firearm, retrieve the revolvers, and finish the

“shooting string” before re-holstering.)

Ta Daaa!! :D you beat me to it..........P

• Failure to adhere to the guidelines of the category in which you are competing.

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

Ta Daaa!! :D you beat me to it..........P

• Failure to adhere to the guidelines of the category in which you are competing.

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

And I missed another SHB pg 14

• Both revolvers may be cocked at the same time, but must be shot one at a time to facilitate

scoring. A Gunfighter may not holster revolvers with the intent to engage another revolver

sequence.

And WOW - I think I got one right !

I had it right, but dint know why!!!!

Only takes 3 paragraphs in two manuals to figure it out !

Hey - how 'bout when the manuals go in for a rewrite, they think about adding a "P", "SDQ" or "MDQ" every time they state a rule. Sure would save some time looking them up.

CC , when I read your post I compared it to PWBs answer on a GF shooting both pistols simultaneously as a P for not following category guidelines.

PS. Good for you on calling it on yourself. I've seen people do that and think it was legal.

gunfighter, stage is shoot five from revolver/s, shoot rifle, shoot 5 from pistol/s. Shooter fires BOTH revolvers for 5 shots and holsters, then shoots rifle,,, then draws again and shoots remaining 5 rounds....

what's the penalty... per written in the books?

Next time, contact your local RO INSTRUCTOR...s/he should know the answer to this one...or at least, know where to find the answer

(HINT: Always start with the RO1 "Penalty Overview")

:P

brainfart!!!! but I calt et rite!!!!

It is a progressive procedural. The next offense in the ame match is a SDQ and if it happens again a MDQ.

Don't make me come out there and spank you! :)

makes sense, Yusta!! guess I may have called it right....maybe,,,,, lately I've been wrong a few times,,,,, maybe

Hey Shayene, U finely did sumtin rite. :P:lol: Nice Job Pard. :)

It is a progressive procedural. The next offense in the ame match is a SDQ and if it happens again a MDQ.

Is a "progressive" procedural 20 instead of 10?? :P

Archived