SASS Wire Forum

On your left or your right?

CNN is suggesting that we have more to fear from those at home than we do from you-know-who with the black flags....

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/19/politics/terror-threat-homeland-security/index.html

I can't believe that they are dredging up that old DHS report about dangerous veterans again....

I love this quote:

"An official at the Justice Department, which is leading the administration's counter-radicalization effort, says many of the tactics aimed at thwarting radical Islamic recruitment of young people can also be used to fight (home grown) anti-government extremist groups."

Like what? Jobs programs????? :P

Sorry; I don't lay awake at night worrying about "sovereign citizen and other domestic groups".

LL

Even though most Domestic Terrorism attacks, e.g. Mass shootings have been committed by left leaning loonies or Islamists.

They are fear mongering again. Trying to paint all right wing types with the "dangerous extremist" brush.

Do keep in mind that this report was worked up while Bush was in office and released shortly after Obama's inauguration. Even Napolitano was skeptical of it.

But, for some reason, the weenies in government see the right as the threat even though most of the political violence here comes from the left.

The fact that so many on the Left DO fear their own citizenry ought to tell us something.

They're like any other totalitarians, left or right. What they really fear is lack of control and the inability to stuff their agenda down our throats while picking our pockets clean at the same time.

If we could get all the conservatives to VOTE, then they would truly have cause to worry about us.

..........Widder

You nailed that, the real reason they fear "right wing extremists." It has nothing to do with actual violence. It has everything to do with the fear that we will push conservative principles and force the states we control to essentially nullify federal law, regulation, and control. That drives the statists nuts and causes them to try and label any one disinclined to support their creeping advancement of federal government control and power as an extremist.

I am no fan of Comcast, but this secret backroom deal to give the FCC control over the internet can not be a good thing.

Archived