SASS Wire Forum

Favorite Saloon

Aunt Jen

On the porch of the cabin. Fire goin. Deer eating corn 30 feet away. Strong mixed drink. Not much on real life saloons. Used to frequent a couple but coming home with glitter on me was not good.................

The owl bar at Sundance

High west distillery in park city

Million dollar cowboy bar in Jackson wy

The Menger in San Antonio

The driskill in Austin

The pub at ashford castle Cong Ireland

Harry's bar Geneva Switzerland

Butch mcguires chicago

The River Shannon Chicago

Kells Irish pub Portland

Mcsorelys ale house New York

The no name park city

Gar woods Lake Tahoe

Kelly's in key west

Ha! Some real Connoisseurs here!

Me, I have little experience.

My fav, I think, so far, might be the one in "Blazing Saddles.". The one with Sheriff Bart and Madeline Kahn....

"...'Tex, Ma'am'? So tell me, 'Tex, Ma'am': Are you in the show?"

"No!"

"Then why don't you get your FEET off the stage!". :)

The Irish Harp in NIagara-On-The-Lake, Ontario is a nice quiet place. During the tourist season there's a horse-drawn carriage that sets up across the street. I've offered to ride shotgun for them but they don't see the need.

The Buckhorn in Pinos Altos NM. Straight out of the old west, been open since 1868, maybe off a year on the date. It is a trip back in time, plus some good eats now days!

When I lived in Houston, there was a restaurant/saloon named "Dirty's". Sawdust on the floors, picnic benches as tables, great ambiance. Wonderful food, massive proportions, great libations. Their claim to fame was the owner's helicopter that was parked next to the eatery. It was called the "Dirty Bird". Alas, it is no more.

Hi Jen,

Mine is a local bar. It is in the National Hotel in Jackson, CA. It was rebuilt after a fire in 1862.

The first time I went there, the bar was upstairs and the entire place was rather run down. The basement was full of smelly antique/junk stores. That was in the '70s. We bought one of our first antiques there. It is the lamp in the following photo.

1929217_1031538358231_4874481_n.jpg?oh=4

Now, the bar is in the basement. Everything has been remodeled and it is historically classy. For more information, look here. http://nationalhoteljackson.com/about/

I love going there because they always recognize me and know me as Allie Mo. B)

Regards,

Allie Mo

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

The Long Branch Saloon In Dodge City

The Bird Cage in Tombstone

The Red Bar in Grayton Beach, FL

The Red Dog Saloon in Juneau , Alaska

Sardi's in NYC (Manhatten)

The Greenwood, MS Country Club Bar

Several USAF Officer's Club Bars around the world

the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar in Jackson Hole

Cheers, Hoss

The Gem. I'd sit in a dark corner and try to be very inconspicous though. ;)

Hi Jen,

Mine is a local bar. It is in the National Hotel in Jackson, CA. It was rebuilt after a fire in 1862.

The first time I went there, the bar was upstairs and the entire place was rather run down. The basement was full of smelly antique/junk stores. That was in the '70s. We bought one of our first antiques there. It is the lamp in the following photo.

1929217_1031538358231_4874481_n.jpg?oh=4

Now, the bar is in the basement. Everything has been remodeled and it is historically classy. For more information, look here. http://nationalhoteljackson.com/about/

I love going there because they always recognize me and know me as Allie Mo. B)

Regards,

Allie Mo

I was just there last Saturday, in search of a great old fashioned , the one at the bar in the Imperial hotel in Amador was a bit better , but by then I already "sampled" 8 or 9 :)

Who are you calling "SIR" .... ???

IT'S WOBBLY! :) WHERE YA BEEEEN??

Thought that was spelled"cur".

hhahhaaahaaha 40

MY SALOON IS THE RANCH IN ANAHEIM, AND MY OTHER FAVE IS THE CRYSTAL PALACE IN TOMBSTONE

No saloons in walking distance of here. That's my rule. Has to be within walking or crawling distance. So I live vicariously through westerns. ;)

A little bar in Canadian Texas called The Stumblin Goat Saloon. Stopped in one day passing thru.

Crash

Yesterday's in Chattanooga, gone long ago. Use to go there with friends a lot, it could turn a bit wild on a Friday or Saturday. One of the guys I use to go with had a real knack for getting punched in the nose, he could be on the opposite side of the room from the fight and still get a bloody nose. Last I heard of him he had gotten a job working for the railroad.

Archived