SASS Wire Forum

Trust Us --- Hacking

Aunt Jen

"Don't worry; trust us."

Another series of hacks, 1 Billion and counting, over 100 banks, 30 countries....

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6688268

And CNBC reports often that dome 97% of businesses have been hacked, including Apple, Sony, Microsoft, Target, Walmart... I saw Scott Pelly last month tell us that some 4,500 home security cameras INSIDE HOMES had been hacked and videos spread around over 100 countries.. We're moving to the "Internet if things" including numerous items in homes, watches, phones, cars.... On and on.

And people keep using devices that cloud

Medical records

Financial

Legal affairs ...

ON THE OTHER HAND....A Plus.....

As we age, we fear loss of mobility by sometime losing a drivers license, but self driving cars can RETAIN that mobility, and possibly safer that before.

AND we fear losing our home if we become feeble or infirm, requiring assisted living. BUT we have the tech to use domestic robotic assistance... R3-D2 helping us, or C-3PO. He could provide resl-time video communicationsx cook, provide medicines, connect with doctors, 911, or medical supply as needed, even watch you sleep, monitor heart rate, breathing.... AND cheaper that assisted living.

The car will drive you both to church.

OF COURSE, THOUGH ... BUT. BUT

(you knew there would be a but)

You'd have to trust the above companies, or whom ever, with the bot's Internet ccloudrf images of you in the shower or toilet...:)

You'd have to trust the above companies, or whom ever, with the bot's Internet ccloudrf images of you in the shower or toilet... :)

At my age, I figure anybody who peeks at me gets what they deserve.

:). Well, and if I got to where I lost my drivers license, I would be thankful to use a self driving car, even if it clouded all my conversations and destinations, too. I don't do illegal things; I just prefer the privacy. But I would tolerate some loss to retain mobility in life.

However...

Per the hackings noted above, I also know that a self driving car could function without clouding info, or as much...

How would I know if a domestic assistance bot was NOT sending video of me to the inernet when I precerreed privacy? Such as when it's helping me shower? An obvious PLASTIC FLAP over the camera.

If the makers don't incorporate that, then a little piece of electrician's tape could 'fix" it. :)

Archived