SASS Wire Forum

-40C

VICIOUS, SASS#8014

Hey Vicious

Attend one of the weekly indoor matches in our area.

You know Barrie, Wentworth, Burlington, Guelph and Kent- Cloverleaf all scheduled on different week ends.

"Stay warm and keep moving". That is a George Burns quote and he made to 100 years old.

Say hello to Crista

Here in SE Massachusetts we are experiencing a blizzard. Just experienced SNOW THUNDER for the second time in my life! It really lights up the sky with all the white snow blowing around!

We usually get very little snow around here. This year we've had four big storms in a row and another one coming Wednesday..........I got about 3' on the ground right now. Up in Boston they simply have no place to put it!

http://fox8.com/2015/02/15/dangerously-cold-temperatures-take-hold/

We ain't much better here in NE OHIO!!

Brrrrrrrrrrrr………………. :angry:

In the Winter of 75, 1976 living in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, with a Frat house next door, when the temps would get that low we would see the guys outside having a snowball fight in just shorts and shoes. Also saw a streaker one time.

I don't know you give those activities a try.

In the Winter of 75, 1976 living in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, with a Frat house next door, when the temps would get that low we would see the guys outside having a snowball fight in just shorts and shoes. Also saw a streaker one time.

I don't know you give those activities a try.

In the mid-70's we used to send our Marines to Fort Drum, NY for cold weather training before deploying to Norway. Then, in 1986, we did our pre-deployment cold weather training at Fort McCoy, WI. It was -10 by day and -20 at night! We then deployed to Bodo, Norway, 200 miles ABOVE the Arctic Circle, and it wasn't NEARLY as bitterly cold as Wisconsin! I don't know how ya'll tolerate living up there on the Tundra! It's beautiful up there, but much too cold for this old boy who spent his life living in southern coastal areas of the East and Left Coasts and Okinawa... :D

H K U,

Actually, -40 degrees F is -22.2 degrees C. However, -40 degrees F is -40 degrees R (Rankine). Per "F = (9⁄5)C + 32".

Thinking you got the C degrees and R degrees mixed up.

A D

I live just outside of Buffalo NY and it was a high of -6F today. I went to the gun club and shot a round of Skeet just for fun. But most of the day I sat in the club house drinking coffee and chatting with my friends. My snow blower broke down last Tuesday and we have had about 18 inches of snow since then. I had to pay to have my driveway plowed out. I wish I could move south but my wife will not leave the grand kids.

80 deg F here the last couple days. Cooler in low to mid 70s today and tonight, foggy and cooler right now, in the high 40s.

California Central Coast

Howdy Folks!

I'm positively buried under 45+ Centimeters of snow!

The snow bank is as high as the roof of my truck. The winds are still gusting to 50Km/hr.

My youngest is in university, when she's done ( 3 years ) I will be spending a couple months down south. San Angelo, Texas is where I long to be! :0)

In the meantime I have to go outside and clear the driveway, it'll take me all morning. Shiiish!

Frenchy

Made it to a balmy 4 degrees (F) here yesterday. Took a pass on ice fishin. My little girl and I finished up a years reloading this weekend. We made up shotshells for our big matches. Now to make up the ammo for the big BP shoot we are hosting in May!

Move to Arizona low 80's and it's a dry heat. Shot 8 stages at Ben Avery yesterday and it was rather warm! 🌞 oh wind chill 80°

That's just mean. But it's also why I moved to AZ as well 😀

H K U,

Actually, -40 degrees F is -22.2 degrees C. However, -40 degrees F is -40 degrees R (Rankine). Per "F = (9⁄5)C + 32".

Thinking you got the C degrees and R degrees mixed up.

A D

I believe he posted "-40C", which is -40F. In Metro-Denver we've had +74F...last couple of weeks. Today it is in the 20's and snowing! Got about 5-6" of snow so far and still snowing. Good day to hole up and figure out the right specs for cartridge loops for .45-75 WCF for a customer's cartridge belt. Then back to paperwork! <_< I've got a 4WD SUV, but I don't go out when the temp drops like this and we get snow overnight. The street get like glass. I don't mind driving in it...it's the other idiots out there, especially Denver natives who think it's their God-given right to drive the speed limit +10mph regardless of the road conditions! :o My poor dogs (a cockapoo and a chihuahua-terrior mix) took one look out the doggie door, and turned around to the couch!

The temp plummeted to 51 degrees this morning while I was doing my mile swim in the lake. It's back up in the 70's now though. According to the weather reports, it may drop into the high 30's later in the week. It's good that there is a hot tub available after the swim!

The Sun River Rangers shoot! One year we started out at a -15 without the chill factor for the annual "Frostbite Falls Invitational." Nice wood Fire, chili (no pun intended), good food and some strange stages. Lots of fun and good company.

HKU & Trailrider,

Conversion of Temperature - Celsius to Fahrenheit

I stand corrected and embarrassed.

AD

Thank you for your correction.

Personally, this is why i think we should just outlaw Celcius and the whole stupid metrtic system. It just creates confusion. And, it comes from France.

Archived