SASS Wire Forum

Obama executive action

Red Cent

I see no mention in the Constitution regarding "Sporting Purpose" therefore the law is on it's face unconstitutional. It will have to be contested in court after it is implemented I suppose and as we all know the Constitution ain't what it used to be to our elected officials or out appointed justices.

Please!!!! each of us should make use of the public commentary on this issue. The inflammatory rhetoric can be damaging, so keep comments to something like: "I use this ammunition currently for hog hunting. Banning it would harm my sporting use and the clean harvesting of hogs in the timber and brush country I hunt on." OR " I currently shoot NRA approved high-power matches, I use both these types of ammunition due to the fine ballistics at 300 and 600 yards." OR "A ban on this ammunition would harm my long range hunting of coyotes .", etc.
V
I
PUBLIC
PARTICIPATION
ATF will carefully consider all comments, as appropriate, received on or before
March 16,
, and will give comments received after that date the same consideration if it is practical to
do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given except as to comments received on or
before
March 16, 2015
ATF will not acknowledge receipt of comments.
Submit comments in any of three ways (but do not submit the same comments multiple
times or by more than one method):

ATF website
:
APAComments@atf.gov
Follow the instructions for submitting comments.

Fax:
(202) 648
-

Mail: Denise Brown, Mailstop 6N
-
602, Office of Regulatory Affairs, Enforcement Programs
and Services, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, 99 New York Avenue,
NE, Washington, DC 20226:
ATTN:
AP Ammo Comments

Certainly providing comments is an important action to take. I will follow the NRA's suggestions regarding comments to send. This is a good time to write a check to the NRA-ILA as it takes money in D.C. to fight these battles.

Archived