SASS Wire Forum

Belt Mountain

Red Cent

They don't answer the phone so I need to ask. What's the trick to ordering a base pin from them?

There is an online order form. Fill it out and send in your order.

http://www.beltmountain.com/

I have a few Belt Mountain pins in my Colts, Rugers and a CImarron. I think they are terrific. I would be glad to answer any questions that I can.

For starters, don't get the pin with the set screw. Tighten the set screw too much and it bends the pin just enough to bind the cylinder, plus you have to keep the tiny allen wrench handy if you want to remove the cylinder.

Driftwood, the order form asks for an expiration date only. No card # or 3 digit #. I suppose I could send a money order. I have a completed order form in front of me. Kinda makes you wonder when they won't answer the phone for days.

Talked to Mike again at Grizzly and he said that he did not get a response from

Cell phone or e mail yet. Will check back with him next week

If anyone hears anything let me know.

This is all I know:

1. I sent in an order with a personal check for the ROA conversion pins. Item showed "in stock" on the BM website.

2. After 2 weeks, I e-mailed and got a response that they were there but needed bluing. Would be a "Couple of weeks more". Waited 2 more weeks.

3. E-mails to the company were bounced back as "refused"

4. Found several posts on other forums stating BM was no longer in business.

5. Got a response (posted) that they would send them out when they came in.

6. Brownell's and Midway no longer carry them ("discontinued")

6. Got a post (no e-mail) that my parts were being shipped in "Friday"

If you are looking just for a base pin for a Ruger Blackhawk or Vaquero, I have several from Gamemaster's that work fine. Use them in my older Blackhawks (OM). I use them in my magnums (45, 41,44). Turn around was less than a week, including some Q & A.

Years ago when I bought my first pins from them I spoke over the phone to Kellye, the owner. A very nice guy and he was very helpful.Told me some interesting things about how he made the pins and some of the theory behind them. I'm pretty sure it is a one man operation, nobody manning a bank of phones. I don't know if he makes all the parts himself or if he has them made by a second party, but I do know it is a very small operation.

Lately I heard he took a day job. I doubt he was making a living just making pins, and he has a family to support.

I really don't think Kellye will leave anyone hanging, but it is a small operation and you might have to be patient. I still say that Belt Mountain Pins are an excellent product, I have them in Colts, Rugers, and the one Cimarron that I still own.

A friend dropped off his Taurus Gaucho that was missing a base pin (?). After not being able to communicate with BM, I tried a couple from a NM Vaquero and a Ruger 3 screw. Both worked and were tight. The Taurus has a very soft latch spring that needs to be replaced. Base pin ordered (not from BM).

Archived