SASS Wire Forum

Cuss Words For Non-Cussers

Subdeacon Joe

My father used to say, BaFenapola!!! (not sure of the spelling) It sounded like the Italian cuss word that everyone knows but it means "Go to Naples" :D

A good pastor that I know is fond of "Hogwash!"

An Army Major that I served with would not use any expletive whatsoever; neither cuss nor non-cuss expletives. But the Major had no problem explaining himself. When he said, "That's not satisfactory," nobody doubted that he was unhappy and there was a problem. Likewise, when he said, "That's good," we knew things were well.

What the guy in the video is really talking about is "minced oaths" for the most part. Taking a profanity and modifying it slightly to remove the "offensive" words. We all know that any of the "son of a ......" are bowdlerised versions of "son of (an Old English word for) female dog." Likewise the phrases using "dang" are substituting it for "damn."

Things like "son of a motherless goat" or "sucker at the teat of a syphilitic sow" however, are not minced oaths.

young southern lady home from school was invited to tea with the ladies. as they talked about what their children and family had done. the young lady would simply reply = Charming! when asked what she had been doing, she replied she had been to charm school. they asked what she learned there? to use the word charming instead of bullshit. what ever works for you!! GW

Dag-na-bit, seneca ditch (civilin electrician I worked with in the military was from Seneca NY and said that all the time) , bastidges, fogging ice holes (Joe Piscipo, can't remember the movie name)

Dag-na-bit, seneca ditch (civilin electrician I worked with in the military was from Seneca NY and said that all the time) , bastidges, fogging ice holes (Joe Piscipo, can't remember the movie name)

Johnny Dangerously

Archived