SASS Wire Forum

"Bring back the Jackalope...?"

Well, alrighty then! ^_^

Petition seeks return of Yellowstone jackalope to public lands and parks

"BOZEMAN, MONT. — Federal wildlife managers say they are in the early phases of reviewing a petition that seeks to reintroduce the gray prairie jackalope to the greater Yellowstone area, but they have not set a deadline for acting on the filing.

"Attorneys for the Biological Equality Foundation on Friday submitted the petition to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, according to agency spokesman Craig Jimmeson, who declined to comment in detail on the petition..."

Anyone in a position to donate some breedeing stock...? :)

:lol: :lol: :P:D

Naugas heck... bring back the Artesians! :)

Used to love the way their li'l noses would perk up in cold weather... ^_^

No breeding stock around here. Chupacabra hunted them down and ate them. Who says mankind is the only cause of extinction?

I think there was one lived nearby to the old IBM office on the Perimeter here, but the wild turkey that took up residence in the parking lot ate him one day in a fit of rage after someone used a smart phone to play an angry territorial male turkey call! The good news for the guy was the turkey couldn't get at him cause he rolled up the window on his car after doing it! We all got a real laugh at that guy's expense :D

The Jackalope was hunted to extinction in order to supply thousands of tourists with their mounted heads at roadside attractions throughout Montana and the dakota….for shame

They are dirty vermin, why reintroduce them? A herd of them got in the garden once and ate everything in sight weather it was ripe or not. Darn things aren't even fit to eat. Grandma use to boil them with a brick, when they were done we would eat the brick.

The Jackalope was hunted to extinction in order to supply thousands of tourists with their mounted heads at roadside attractions throughout Montana and the dakota….for shame

They originated in Douglas Wyoming. We still have some out in the prarie, they'll horn you in the butt when you squat to do your business. All those fake mounts have deer horns attached to them the real ones have Antelope horns.

I don't mind if they reintroduce them as long as the ranchers are allowed to shoot any that leave the boundaries of the park. They're predatory little buggers. Not pretty what they'll do to a calf.

I had a coworker convinced once that there was a creature called an "avid" because he once overheard me talking about being an avid hunter. I thought he was joking when he asked what an avid was, but once I realized he was serious I just couldn't let the opportunity pass. He might still believe in them for all I know

I had a coworker convinced once that there was a creature called an "avid" because he once overheard me talking about being an avid hunter. I thought he was joking when he asked what an avid was, but once I realized he was serious I just couldn't let the opportunity pass. He might still believe in them for all I know

That's a special kinda stupid right there. :rolleyes:

My stepdaughter thought Ambrose was real. Last summer, she told us that the moon "glowed". We had to explain to her that the moon reflects sunlight. BTW, she is 30 years old and a civil engineer! She also is very liberal which explains everything.

Ya gotta wonder if she thinks the moon glows, how does she explain a half moon?

Rusty, Pssst. The "Half Moon" was the name of a ship. There is no moon phase called a "half moon."

(My dad, who was a science teacher, beat that into me at an early age. Curiously, when he died, he and Mom's home was in Half Moon Bay!)

Howdy,

So any good sources for em?

Ive wanted one for years.

I expecially like the flyin ones.

Best

CR

The Flying Jackalope is harder to find!

http://www.jackalopejunction.com/Flying_Jackalo.html

http://www.southdakotajackalope.com/store-products-2-Flying-Jackalope_40800547.html

Archived