SASS Wire Forum

Fake Shots

Aunt Jen

There will always be someone that will run up to point out an edger. LOL.

And I, for one, will be the first to congratulate that spotter who is really doing his job spotting.

Why in the world would you be making fun of someone doing his job, btw? Trying to shame all the rest of the posse into slacking off?

Good luck, GJ

People drive without seat belts too. So what's your point? It has been done and it depends on how and what is done. I've done it. But under very controlled conditions. Anything that causes an object to come toward a shooter is a bad idea. My opinion.

People do drive without seat belts, and many of those people die. I can only remember ever hearing about one SASS shooter getting killed while playing (an article AM posted recently). That's my point. Everything we do in this game is inherently dangerous due to the fact that we are using live ammunition. The vast majority of people that shoot SASS are responsible safe people that are not going to freak out and start shooting randomly at people because a nerf arrow they are expecting comes their way.

I really believe that so many of the people that have been doing this for a long time have forgotten how much fun it was when they started and how many strange or weird things they did and want every stage to be run in 20 seconds or less. Some of us new folks never had the opportunity to run stages like those that came before us, such as riding a horse, kneeling behind a stage coach, and all of the other examples of what used to be done that have been posted on this forum recently. Many of those stages might be considered unsafe by folks now, but I sure those same folks really enjoyed then way back when.

It is ironic that many seasoned shooters don't want you to pick up a round off the ground because the process of kneeling or bending over may cause you to break the 170 yet they used to lay down on the ground to shoot. Note: You are not going to lay on the ground without first bending over then kneeling.

It is ironic that many seasoned shooters don't want you to pick up a round off the ground because the process of kneeling or bending over may cause you to break the 170 yet they used to lay down on the ground to shoot. Note: You are not going to lay on the ground without first bending over then kneeling.

Naw, you can do it without bending or kneeling... but most of us would call it "FALLING"!

I can't believe anyone would seriously consider launching objects toward a shooter so they have to duck or firing off an explosion so the shooter has ANYTHING falling on or near him/her. We are shooting real guns with real bullets. Even loud unexpected noises intended to startle a shooter doesn't seem like a wise thing to do. The video of the popper that sets off the firecracker straight up looks like fun. But some of these other things sound profounding ill advised.

Like clay targets, bowling balls or pop cans? <_<

I was there, shot the stage, enjoyed it and observed it was not in the least dangerous.

Like clay targets, bowling balls or pop cans? <_<

I was there, shot the stage, enjoyed it and observed it was not in the least dangerous.

Everyone needs to take a second and actually read a post. My post clearly says launching "toward" a shooter. We all shoot and love flyers. I have used pyrotechnics on stages. My concern was over a couple of suggestions about setting off explosions and having stuff coming toward the shooter and causing the shooter to duck or move. I also said what and how a pyrotechnic will be used needs to be considered. Sheesh guys use a little RO III. Several people have mentioned "no one has been killed" shooting cowboy. Thank God and let's keep it that way. It only takes ONE major incident and a club or match and its members/directors will be done for. All I am suggesting is to use a little common sense in using devices or explosives that expel objects toward a shooter.

When our club was new one of our members built a wooden water trough that was lined to hold water. He then installed a few pieces of tubing near the surface that were connected to air lines where the air flow was controlled by several momentary valves. The shooter was to stand (or kneel, I don't remember) behind the trough. A person would randomly control the air valves which shot some water into the air giving the impression of bullets hitting the water. It was fun but folks might not appreciate getting a little wet these days.

Fillmore

Archived