SASS Wire Forum

? Can a Snake Charmer .410 be used in buckaroo/buckaret

YakimaStubbs#9521

What's the butt stock design? It's either Pistol-Grip-only or Thumbhole, from the examples I have seen called a SnakeCharmer. I'd bet that wouldn't fly, in case anyone wants to enforce rules for the sake of keeping youth shooters compliant.

If it has a conventional late-1800s-design stock, it would be fine. Even the ejector can be left intact.

Good luck, GJ

No. A lot of them have plastic furniture. Even if it is wood, the pistol grip configuration would likely constitute a target stock.

Fillmore

I am just a shooter, not a TO, RO, Posse Marshall, or TG.

I would not have any issue with a buckaroo shooting his first couple of matches with this gun if they were trying out our game and had most everything else that they needed. I am assuming that this would be a local monthly match, not a large match. I am also assuming that whoever brought the buckaroo would know that the expectation is that they would have compliant guns by their third match.

I would not object if a young kid showed up and used one to try our game. I'm all for helping people get in to the sport. If he or she liked the game, it wouldn't be long before they wanted a western-looking shotgun, and the rest will become history. :-)

Archived