SASS Wire Forum

National Anthem - Super Bowl

Some may like it - some not - Me? thought it was powerful and beautiful.

Good job ma'am ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjGi3komO_c&x-yt-cl=85114404&x-yt-ts=1422579428

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Idina Menzel. It was a LOT better than some I've heard lately. Some artistic license, but still not too bad. Tempo was somewhat slower than I'd like to see, though :blush:

She has an amazing voice. I liked it.

Great voice but really slow and dragged out. I prefer a more steady tempo version without all the trills and innuendos in her voice. That said, it was a lot better than some. I'd give it a C+…... :)

Another look at me version. Sing it like it was written. It's our National Anthem not your song to butcher

+1

She did better than some.

Still thought she over did it with some stuff. Like the long pauses.

But she might have had some bets down on how long it was going to be.

And YES. There was bets on that also.

I like a nice military band with no singer. Call me traditional.

Another look at me version. Sing it like it was written. It's our National Anthem not your song to butcher

Please - show us how to do it.... :rolleyes: no YouTube of someone else - you only....please indulge.

Well said Mr. Harrison, I agree. The best version I've heard was on Opening Day at Jacob's Field, the first game ever at the Indians new stadium. Pres. Clinton threw out the first pitch. Anyway, they had the Cleveland Orchestra Chorus and a horn section from the orchestra. It was absolutely flawless, IN TIME, no pauses and no bending of notes and changing of the melody. If I can find it I'll post it!

Rye

l Iike to sing the lyrics along with the crowd. ;)
I didn't see the game so I cannot praise or criticize the singer.
Just my personal preference.
I don't mind listening to some singers though ;)

l Iike to sing the lyrics along with the crowd. ;)

I didn't see the game so I cannot praise or criticize the singer.

Just my personal preference.

I don't mind listening to some singers though ;)

Nice.

Bob, now that's the way it's supposed to be sung! Excellent! You guys can have your singers that pause too long, don't sing in time, and change the melody! This is a great rendition! :FlagAm:

Well said Mr. Harrison, I agree. The best version I've heard was on Opening Day at Jacob's Field, the first game ever at the Indians new stadium. Pres. Clinton threw out the first pitch. Anyway, they had the Cleveland Orchestra Chorus and a horn section from the orchestra. It was absolutely flawless, IN TIME, no pauses and no bending of notes and changing of the melody. If I can find it I'll post it!

Rye

.....You guys can have your singers that pause too long, don't sing in time, and change the melody! This is a great rendition! :FlagAm:

Please - along with that Harrison feller I want to see YOU sing it and post a video that can top the lady.....yeah, that's what I thought :lol:

I have no doubt that somebody will do a HipHop version at some point. :rolleyes:

I have no doubt that somebody will do a HipHop version at some point. :rolleyes:

Now THAT would be butchering it.....still O'Donnell's version is the epitome of trash...

oh lordy....THIS is a travesty :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzAMxsEq0uY

...... a lot better than whatever was supposed to pass for entertainment at half time.

I would have much preferred to hear the Ozark Mountain Daredevils or The New Riders of the Purple Sage over that halftime garbage.

Please - show us how to do it.... :rolleyes: no YouTube of someone else - you only....please indulge.

I don't claim to be a singer she does, she made the anthem all about her. I don't give a damn how well she sings do it the way it was written I don't want to hear her interpetation. And Im certainly not egotistical enough like some others to ever put myself doing anything on you tube

not at all impressed with it at the Bowl, I've heard worse but I've also heard much better....I'll take the NASCAR traditional singing of it at the Bristol night race every year!! The children of NASCAR and team employees, singing their little hearts out to make daddy (or mommy) proud....THAT brings a tear to my eye, a smile to my face, and joy to my heart every time. Are those little kids good singers, for the most part no.....but there's no attitude, no ego, no "Look at ME" garbage.....THAT's the way the song should be sung!

Please - along with that Harrison feller I want to see YOU sing it and post a video that can top the lady.....yeah, that's what I thought :lol:

I never said I could sing it! I'm simply voicing my opinion is that alright with you?? :blink:

It was written as a poem (The Defense of Fort McHenry). It has the same meter (Dactylic tetrameter) as the convivial drinking song "The Anacreontic Song."

Someone noticed that as set the lyrics to the music.

Archived