SASS Wire Forum

2015 Georgia State SASS Championship - May 14-16

Krazy Kajun

All you Outlaws laying back waiting to bushwhack Ol Tombstone and Whiskey Creek, we're a coming. Already got my confirmation from KK. Camping on the range, Whiskey Creek too so it would be great to have a good showing of Outlaws. Better watch out for Yazoo, pretty and fast. How about a rematch of Florida? I hear Judge had joined us in the Outlaws, guess he had to join us to keep up with his wife.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be careful what you wish for Bob! I think Easy may be healed up and ready to go in time for this one.

Good. It's about time he got back to business. No more laying in the shade with the dogs.

I received 4 more applications today...this puts us at 60 shooters. We cut off at 200 so don't sit on the fence if you want to shoot with us in Georgia; get your application in so you can be "one of the two hundred."

I'm telling ya'll this match will be fun to shoot and its being held at a great shooting facility, the South River Gun Club. There are plenty of camping spaces on the range with hook ups. There are plenty of hotels right off Interstate 20 about 9-10 miles from the gun club.

I'm looking forward to seeing ya'll at the match....and we will "laissez les bon temps rouller.".(let the good times roll.)

Kajun

Good. It's about time he got back to business. No more laying in the shade with the dogs.

I will shoot with you and Easy, Bob. Don't want you getting lonely. I am, however, a Florida shooter so guess I will be representing the Sunshine State--along with the ever dangerous Deadly Sharpshooter.

I will shoot with you and Easy, Bob. Don't want you getting lonely. I am, however, a Florida shooter so guess I will be representing the Sunshine State--along with the ever dangerous Deadly Sharpshooter.

Well, alright then. Things are looking up. I was beginning to think I had been abandoned.

Well, alright then. Things are looking up. I was beginning to think I had been abandoned.

We wouldn't do that to you, BB. You are too much fun. Your job is to rattle KJ if he shoots the match. Maybe talk him into buying some new heavyweight chaps.

We wouldn't do that to you, BB. You are too much fun. Your job is to rattle KJ if he shoots the match. Maybe talk him into buying some new heavyweight chaps.

Oh you can bet yore last dollar that Koda Joe will be buying LOTS from the vendors.....the trick is to sew some lead into whatever he buys while he looks the other way. Just have a few pardettes talk to him whilst he exits the vendor tents. By the time he gets through getting all his hugs and practicing a few dance steps with each one of them you'll be done wif yore "leading up" of his accourtrements. :D

I'll tell you what....if Easy Rider gets all healed and practices up he'll certainly give ya'll rowdy gunfighter bunch all you can handle.

I'm not a trained surgeon or a gunfighter but I did shoot one stage last Saturday gunfighter and you couldn't have wiped the smile off my face with a sledge hammer, it was fun. It was really slow cuz I had to actually use the front sights on my pistols. I ain't trying to switch over to gunfighter yet cuz I don't possess the skillz but it sure is fun to shoot that style.

Kajun

Don't worry, Kajun, spelling is not required to shoot gunfighter!! :D :D :D

Marauder, I noed I kant spell guud....my folks just taught us how to tawk funny wif dat accent and eat strange food! :D :D

Don't worry Kajun. You don't have to be good at it to have a good time with it.

Hmmm....now that I thought it over some that's some good advice, not just fer cowboy chootin too!

KK Maybe you can start a new class, LEFT HANDED STUTTERIN FC GUNFIGHTER... Choose your class wisely.

McKenzie

You might be on to something there McKenzie River Drifter....I've got about 1/4 of that category covered, I'd hafta train to get the left handed gunfighter part of that w*rkin' :lol:

We are now at 75 shooters and I'm getting applications now almost daily in the mail. Please remember we cut off at 200 so there are only 125 slots left. When I check out the "Whose Signed Up" page on the state match website here I don't see many of the Georgia shooters that normally shoot the state match. I also don't see many of the out of state shooters that have shot our match in the past.

Post #1 on this thread has links to all of the match particulars including the match applications. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the GA state match....we gonna pass a good time ya'll.

Kajun

So Kajun, are we eatin coonass food at the banquet???

Chicken Scratch

So Kajun, are we eatin coonass food at the banquet???

Chicken Scratch

:D :D :D :D I eat coonass food at my house in GA cuz it's home cooking for me. Tell you what Chicken Scratch, if you want coonass food at a SASS state match why don't you join me down in Amite LA for the Louisiana State SASS match Nov. 13-15. You can find match info here. I'll be there shooting, eatin' and letting the good times roll.

Kajun

What side matches are being offered? Didn't see a list on the website.

I missed having that information posted, thanks for reminder. The list below will be the side matches to be held....this list will be posted to the website soon. All offerings will be ladies and men.

Speed pistol

Speed rifle

SxS shotgun

SxS hammered shotgun

97 shotgun

87 shotgun

Speed derringer

Pocket pistol

Wild bunch

Long range rifle - single shot

Long range rifle - lever action

Long range pistol

Kajun

I missed having that information posted, thanks for reminder. The list below will be the side matches to be held....this list will be posted to the website soon. All offerings will be ladies and men.

Speed pistol

Speed rifle

SxS shotgun

SxS hammered shotgun

97 shotgun

87 shotgun

Speed derringer

Pocket pistol

Wild bunch

Long range rifle - single shot

Long range rifle - lever action

Long range pistol

Kajun

PM sent re: distances

PM sent re: distances

PM replied to.

I will have this info posted on the website as an update...

Long range side match distances

- Pistol @ 50 yards

- Lever Rifle - pistol caliber @ 100 yards

- Single shot rifle and lever rifle, rifle caliber @ 200 yds

Kajun

As of today we have 85 shooters registered for the GA state match and the applications are coming in the mail right regularly now. We are at 2 months out and are almost half full. If you want to come and join us for a fun state match in GA please get your application in soon. We cut off at 200 shooters and I expect that we will get there before match day....be one of that number!! You can find match info in post #1 of this thread or at the GA state match web page here.

Kajun

Yup, I even trained Fast Eddie how to enter applications for the match!

Judge'em All has the stages pretty well in hand, I understand..

This will be a good'en!

Don't wait too long to get your application ins - it really helps for planning a great match!

And don't forget to make hotel reservations soon as well.

We are now at 103 shooters and I'm getting applications almost daily now. This is going to be a fun match with lots of your friends so don't miss out on being among the 200.

Buckles have been ordered and below are pictures of the Champion and Winners buckles....they are pretty spiffy. The ones being delivered will not have "red eyes"....they will be clear. Sign up now and make sure you have a chance at winning one of these purdy buckles. You can find match information on the state match webpage here.

Kajun

2014_CHAMP_BUCKLE.jpg

2014_WINNER_BUCKLE.jpg

This is one of those "Pick your category wisely" moments I do believe.

We are now at 122 registered shooters as of today's Pony Express delivery. Marauder is on a well deserved vacation and when he is back in town he'll post the updated shooter's list to the website.

I am receiving applications pretty much every day now in the mail so if you have not yet registered you'll want to "get yore stuff together" soon so that you can be among the 200. The state match website with all of the details and applications is here.

42 days till we lassiez les bon temps rouller ya'll.

Kajun

Archived