SASS Wire Forum

should I go ahead and buy a Glock? Would it help?

Trigger Mike

When I policed I carried a 45 auto Colt double eagle until the Glock craze hit police departments and I bought a Glock 23 in 40 caliber. I liked the way it shot and did well with it but after shooting a 45 went and bought a Sig 220 in 45 and liked it better. I deputy who sometimes worked the end of the county that was near the town I worked was real good at backing me up since I was usually the only one on duty. He was one of those who always got his man. A real good officer. He carried a S & W 686 so we traded with him owing me boot money. the 686 is a boat anchor and I told him i would give it back to him and he could just pay me whenever he got the money together. Shortly thereafter he changed departments and I did not see him as often but he had helped me so often I was not worried. Then as I was getting dressed to apply at the department he worked at I saw his face on the news that he had been murdered on duty. He never paid me for the Glock and I wrote it off. Ever since then every time someone mentions the name Glock I think of him and get sad. I have fired one since then years later and enjoyed it but immediately gave it back to its owner.

Do you think if I buy a Glock 23 I will finally stop thinking of him every time someone mentions the name Glock?

His name was Michael Hester.

You probably can never forget him, but if you are still in police work, I suggest you don't carry a weapon, which may be distracting at any time you're on the clock.

Maybe. Maybe not. Only time helps in healing I think.

I'll take the boat anchor

Still think of my TO and friend, that was murdered in 94. About a year after I gave him my Colt LW Commander .45acp.

Been look'n for a second LW Commander of late.

http://www.odmp.org/officer/623-captain-michael-wayne-tracy

Still think of Mike, everydangday :excl:

OLG

Buy the Glock and have it engraved in his memory. Put it in the safe and pull it out from time to time to shoot it, and remember your friend.

Buy the Glock and have it engraved in his memory. Put it in the safe and pull it out from time to time to shoot it, and remember your friend.

Glock's slide and bbl due to their finish, are as hard as diamond-

http://eu.glock.com/english/pistols_intro.htm

OLG

I remember when this happened. 1993 and 1994 were tough years for Law Enforcement in Gwinnett County. I have a couple of friends / partners that I worked with for years that have moved onto the Crime Free Zone. I still think about them.

I'd buy the Glock and remember Officer Hester fondly.

Yep, last homicide I worked out of over 1600 was a fellow officer and good friend. I left him and all the others in the grave. No need to have stories when each was just as important as the other.

Archived