SASS Wire Forum

Shooters List for A Dark Day On The Santa Fe

Confederate Colt

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kajun: Don't start something with that Rank Scoring business! It is exactly what it sounds like, it smells RANK! :huh:

Cheatin'

Thinkin' that Kajun Guy likes to stir the pot.

Lookin' forward to some pot stirrin' over the fire with the Krazy One.

Waimea

Thinkin' that Kajun Guy likes to stir the pot.

Lookin' forward to some pot stirrin' over the fire with the Krazy One.

Waimea

Who...me?

Stirring-the-pot-80376509573.gif

87 shooters!! That's gotta be a record-some annual smokeless matches don't do as well.

But I wonder-are you taking math lessons from Cheatin' Chamberlin-cause I know he cheats! { And as soon as I figger out what he's a doin' I'm gonna start doing it too.} :D

Phew-what's that stench-rank scoring or the sh*#wagon? :ph34r:

87 shooters!! That's gotta be a record-some annual smokeless matches don't do as well.

But I wonder-are you taking math lessons from Cheatin' Chamberlin-cause I know he cheats! { And as soon as I figger out what he's a doin' I'm gonna start doing it too.} :D

Phew-what's that stench-rank scoring or the sh*#wagon? :ph34r:

I'ma thunkin it's old Cheatin' Chamberlain driving the wagon and Waimea is out front leading the train :D :D

I'ma thunkin it's old Cheatin' Chamberlain driving the wagon and Waimea is out front leading the train :D :D

Went to the Dr a couple weeks ago and the results were I need to eat more fruits and vegetables.

Doc said especially beans.

Wife almost passed out. :lol:

Haven't seen a bean around here since though.

Think she's trying to kill me by depriving me of beans. :lol:

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Driving the wagon and eatin some Kajun food. I gotta live up to my video! :P Only 4 days until we smokem' up!!!! ;)

Cheatin'

Cheatin'....I'm right there with you on eating that Kajun food....Waimea better watch out!

Cheatin'....I'm right there with you on eating that Kajun food....Waimea better watch out!

Where are y'all gonna get some of this Kajun food?

Waimea

Waimea

Don't know about Cheatin' but I eat Kajun food at home.....that's ragler home cookin' fer us!

Well the freezing rain seems to be moving out without too much of a mess. Tomorrow late afternoon we start with another round of freezing rain followed by 8 more inches of snow. Supposed to end by late afternoon so I've got time to shovel the driveway, pack the car, and be ready to hit the road Friday at 0'Dark Hundred.

Weather down the east coast for Friday looks good for a change. Only 793 miles from home to the hotel in Lake City, with a brief detour to JAX to pick up my better half. GET ME THE HECK OUTTA HERE!

Well the freezing rain seems to be moving out without too much of a mess. Tomorrow late afternoon we start with another round of freezing rain followed by 8 more inches of snow. Supposed to end by late afternoon so I've got time to shovel the driveway, pack the car, and be ready to hit the road Friday at 0'Dark Hundred.

Weather down the east coast for Friday looks good for a change. Only 793 miles from home to the hotel in Lake City, with a brief detour to JAX to pick up my better half. GET ME THE HECK OUTTA HERE!

Wow, Dogmeat. You gotta git yor sorry carcass down here fast. :lol:

I'm still tryin' to figger out where to git some of that Kajun Kookin' but the Krazy man ain't talkin' bout it.

I thought we might have some down here.

I'll be travelin' NORTH on Friday into some chillier weather but to see my good pards, it's worth it. :)

Clock's a ticking.

Waimea

well accordin to the weather guesser I'm gonna need to bring a parka,

it's only gonna be in the 60's Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Chicken Scratch

80 are BP

7 are Smokeless

That's great Colt. That says a lot for you and the whole Ft. White crew. You are all first class people and first class shooters. You know what shooters in SASS want and you deliver. Have a great time this weekend!!!

Waimea

Waimea: Maybe our Krazy Kajun pard will bring us down some real Kajun cuisine from North Georgia! :) I have to purchase mine from Henry's restaurant out of Columbus, Ga. Only 3 days until smoke time!! :D

Cheatin'

well accordin to the weather guesser I'm gonna need to bring a parka,

it's only gonna be in the 60's Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Chicken Scratch

60 Degrees!! Dang, I forgot temperatures could get that high! I might just burst into flames at high noon! :D

We were packing our cowboy clothes last night and is amazing how much smaller the bundle is when you don't need coats, scarves, slickers, gloves, thermal underware, etc. This Is Gonna Be Great!

Hmmmm...maybe use rank scoring amongst the "rank" shooters and total time for the rest of us :D :D

Kajun

Waimea....you watchin' the weather? You gotta insulated tent?

Kajun

Krazy Kajun, you're on my LIST.

60 Degrees!! Dang, I forgot temperatures could get that high! I might just burst into flames at high noon! :D

We were packing our cowboy clothes last night and is amazing how much smaller the bundle is when you don't need coats, scarves, slickers, gloves, thermal underware, etc. This Is Gonna Be Great!

Well, don't be burstin' into flames yet.

It's only gonna be a high of 64 on Saturday and during the morning (shooting) hours it will be in the 50's.

For those of us with a tent (and something to prove) a low of 44 overnight. :o:(:lol:

Krazy Kajun brought this on us all starting with response #79 in this very thread. :rolleyes:

Waimea

yadda yadda yadda yadda a bunch of other stuff.........

For those of us with a tent (and something to prove) a low of 44 overnight. :o:(:lol:

Krazy Kajun brought this on us all starting with response #79 in this very thread. :rolleyes:

Waimea

Hey, I just shook up a bag of chicken bones and rolled them out.....they read cold weather. It's all about them chicken bones Waimea. ;)

3 more days till the smoke.

Kajun

Hey, I just shook up a bag of chicken bones and rolled them out.....they read cold weather. It's all about them chicken bones Waimea. ;)

3 more days till the smoke.

Kajun

I like chicken.

Update on weather:

Good news: They moved all the rain to Friday, 0% on Saturday (supposedly)

Bad news: Overnight low will be 35 Friday night into Saturday morning.

The weather people have said that you shouldn't leave your pets or Waimea's out overnight. :lol:

2 days to the Smoke

Waimea

35! AWESOME, when I get up tomorrow for the drive it will be 1, yep that's ONE!

It's 28 now and snowing like a banshee. Just finished shoveling an inch of sleet covered with another inch of snow and cleaning off the cars and the truck. Got 5 more inches of snow coming today before it all shuts down around 7:00pm. Figure two more rounds of shoveling, and then I will pack the car for the trip. I'm just hoping they have all the main roads clear by morning!

Get Me Outta Here!

I like chicken.

Update on weather:

Good news: They moved all the rain to Friday, 0% on Saturday (supposedly)

Bad news: Overnight low will be 35 Friday night into Saturday morning.

The weather people have said that you shouldn't leave your pets or Waimea's out overnight. :lol:

2 days to the Smoke

Waimea

It's not too late Waimea, you might be able to have this rush shipped in time :wacko:

My pard Desperado and I are trying to leave a little early so we can make it to supper at Conestogas in Alachua at 6:00.

It's not too late Waimea, you might be able to have this rush shipped in time :wacko:

My pard Desperado and I are trying to leave a little early so we can make it to supper at Conestogas in Alachua at 6:00.

OK, I'll take the one for $3100.

Sheesh. :blink:

:lol:

Have a great trip down, Pard.

Drive safe.

Waimea

Oh come on Waimea, get that new fangled tent.........next match.........Alaska. Probably need a RV just to haul it around.

Seriously though, this has been a very entertaining thread........ya'll have a great time and shoot good.

Sun

Oh come on Waimea, get that new fangled tent.........next match.........Alaska. Probably need a RV just to haul it around.

Seriously though, this has been a very entertaining thread........ya'll have a great time and shoot good.

Sun

Sun,

I'll let you know how entertaining it is on Saturday morning. :(

I wonder if you can REALLY, LITERALLY freeze your a$$ off.

Your donation of the air mattress (even though I fought it) will be much appreciated. :excl:

Tarps have been packed too.

Packed enough blankets to make a cocoon.

Wonder what I'll come out of the tent looking like.

Can't be worse than I look now. :blink:

Sure hope I don't have butterfly wings. :huh:

:lol:

Wish you were gonna be there but Ides is just around the corner. :)

Waimea

We will be smokin it up in the morning! Safe travels for all! Going to be a long day for me tomorrow. I will be pulling out about 4:00 am. But it will be worth it. Very much looking forward to getting up in the morning!! :D

Cheatin'

We will be smokin it up in the morning! Safe travels for all! Going to be a long day for me tomorrow. I will be pulling out about 4:00 am. But it will be worth it. Very much looking forward to getting up in the morning!! :D

Cheatin'

Just make sure there ain't no residual smoke left over from today when ya start out in the morning...don't need no wacky tabacky impaired drivers wif guns and ammo out on the roads :D :D

Kajun

Getting ready to leave.

Guns are all cleaned and barrels lubed up with Bore Butter.

They say you can eat that stuff and it smells enticing enough but I've never had the nerve to give it a lick. :blink::P:lol:

Can't go through Ocala without stopping to see my Pard, Pistol Pete Quig. :)

Lunch with Quig and then on to the festivities.

See y'all there.

Waimea

Hit the road at 6;00am. Washington beltway was a sheet of ice, must have been 15 accidents with the largest involving at least 12 cars. Got through that and managed to be about 15 minutes ahead of an accident in Woodbridge VA that shut down 95 south. Made it Richmond and a coffee break and opportunity to clean the glass. It's up to 21 degrees now and not much frozen stuff on the ground. 150 miles down, 650 more to go! See you all tomorrow!

Archived