SASS Wire Forum

For Sale Winchester mod. 12, made in 1949, SOLD!

Waco Jim

Up for sale is this 12ga. Winchester Model 12 made in 1949. Barrel has been cut to 28" cylinder bore, large front bead has been added. Bluing is excellent and no cracks in the wood. Gun appears to be well cared for and shot very little. Take-down model and lock-up is very tight, (adjustment in 1st notch). Price is $495 NEW PRICE $425 plus $35 shipping and insurance to your FFL. Postal Money order or Cashiers Check, no PayPal. This gun is very smooth and is perfect for a WB gun. Here are some photos:

http://s162.photobucket.com/user/jjacks58/library/Winchester%20Model%2012

First "I'll Take it" gets it. You may contact me if you like at 256-249-0140.

Waco Jim

Does the carrier have a flag on it? Wild Bunch shooters will want that. As the carrier lifts the shell to the chamber the flag flips up and covers the ejection port.

L

The model 12 does not have the flag you speak of. The model 12 came after the 1897 and is a new design over the '97. The many WB shooters who use a model 12 seem to get along OK without the flag.

Waco

Some model 12's do have the flag. Added one to mine, it helped some. You have to change the carrier as it milled for the flag to fit. Still can't run it as hard as my 97.

Archived