SASS Wire Forum

11 of 12 balls were underinflated: ohhhhhhh !

Widder, SASS #59054

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They cheated

So did Obama and the dems, the only difference is this football thing doesn't affect our lives one way or another! It's only football not our lives!

I got a laugh listening to Bellacheat being interviewed and claiming that after 40 years in football he didn't know how the balls used in a game were prepared. Hell I even knew that. Next up will be Brady saying he didn't know the balls were under inflated. I guarantee that he knew as soon as he picked up the first ball what the air pressure was to the ounce. Those balls are prepared to his specifications and no equipment manager would deviate from those specs without Brady's orders

To add insult to injury, its reported that the previous weeks opponent reported that the PATS were using under inflated balls.

Seems like a conspiracy and a consistency to cheat.

Ifn they find out Brady was part of this and an active participant, he could be penalized from playing the SB and possibly pay out a BIG fine.

This ain't good.

..........Widder

So will there be an * next to this SB if the Pats win? The NFL is in a quandary it seems to me.

Honestly, I was inclined to believe it wasn't a big deal till they both got up and claimed they had no idea where the balls came from or how they were handled. I was thinking maybe it was just an over-zealous equipment manager taking initiative after a one off comment from the star QB.

But then they had to get up and Bill Clinton us. Did either of them wag their fingers?

Balls, what balls? We use balls in this game? And there's air in them? Who knew?

Seems to me the denials are an admission of complacency at the very least.

Like I said before. SNEEKY! WHERE THERE IS SMOKE, THERE IS USUALLY FIRE.

Not sure how the issue would have affected the outcome of Sunday's game, but what

about some of the other close ones that were played over the season. And it would

be nice to know that the games that are played are on a level field.

In baseball, the home plate umpire inspects the balls and determines which ones can remain in the game. I'm ignorant...whose responsibility is it to determine that footballs are inflated properly?

And if the same balls are used by both teams, isn't it a wash?

The shame is that they're such an awesome team they really don't have to do this crap!

Front page of the New York Daily News, had a picture of Brady and his wife. Caption was her complaining about his soft ba!!$.

(Trying to keep it some what family friendly)

Seems to me the denials are an admission of complacency at the very least.

Not sure how the issue would have affected the outcome of Sunday's game,

People keep saying it wouldn't have mattered sunday because it was such a blowout, but there's really now way to tell. Luck and Brady had pretty much the same completion percentage throughout the year (in the low 60s). That Sunday, brady was still in the 60's while luck was in the 30s. So it's not a stretch to say that maybe with the right ball, Brady's numbers would have been half too. They're not scoring 45 points if half of his completions had been in the dirt. They are possibly sitting at 1 TD too.

My guess is that they only doctor the ball so heavily on rainy days, if they do anything like that at all.

What will be interesting is what happens if it turns out to be an over zealous equipment manager (or if one takes the fall). In the new orleans case, goodell set the precedent that it doesn't matter if a coach knows about illegal activity, he's still responsible for it.

In baseball, the home plate umpire inspects the balls and determines which ones can remain in the game. I'm ignorant...whose responsibility is it to determine that footballs are inflated properly?

Howdy J Bar.

according to the info I read on Foxnews, BOTH teams have their own issued balls.

When the Pats take to offense, they use only those balls issued to them.

When the Colts take to offense, they use only those balls issued to them.

Thats why one of the questions isn't being answered yet.......WHO possibly tampered with those 11 balls for the Pats?

..........Widder

No they aren't. Many years ago the home quarterback got a chance to make sure the non-kicking balls were scuffed up to his specifications. Then is was decided that both teams would get 12 balls to doctor. I have not been able to find the current ball rules on line but I'm sure they are out there somewhere.

Here is the BIG picture that I'm getting:

The Patriot center has handled correctly inflated balls all season.

Brady has handled correctly inflated balls all season.....or we hope he has.

Neither of them notice anything wrong with the balls they were using in the game (Sure, just like Bill never had sex with 'that girl').

Then Brady throws an interception to a Colts defender and after the play is over, it has been reported that the Colts player passed the ball to the referee and told him the ball was tooooo SOFT.

I had read in an article that this was the reason the referees checked the Pats balls during half time and discovered the issue.

NOW, was it corrected during half time? I don't know.

But it appears that it was not corrected, according to some of the TV commentators I have heard.

Getting all the correct and truthful facts might be something we are never told.

Anyhow, thats about how I sum it up, solely based on what I have read and heard.

I believe they CHEATED and some of them knew they were cheating, whether they initiated it or not.

Shame on the Patriots.

..........Widder

On the local news last evening there was a news story about the physics of inflation and deflation.

WCSH6 - Bowdin Professor Discusses Science of Inflated Footballs

A football can lose pressure in the time before a game.

But it doesn't explain why the Colts balls didn't.

?????

On the local news last evening there was a news story about the physics of inflation and deflation.

?????

Everbody knows that the testosteron levels of a Colt naturally run higher than the levels of a Patriot.

So in the colder weather, deflation will be minimal for those Colts....... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

(sorri, I couldn't resist)

..........Widder

?????

Has anyone said anything about the Colts balls?

Marshal,

Widder, just explained it in the post above.

But serious, I don't know if the balls that they (Colts) used were checked out. If the past is any example, the NFL, will do a half vast investigation. I think the solution to this situation, is that from here on in, that both teams use the same game balls and the ball handlers are paid by the NFL. (I always thought that this was what was done). This would help insure that everything is above reproach. Well maybe, the NFL has been known to sweep some issues under the rug.

The sad part of this whole thing, is that the Patriots didn't need to cheat. The press conferance yesterday, was a joke. I don't think it really helped, instead, I believe it cast more doubts on the situation.

The bad part of this whole affair is the attention the national news is giving it. Guess ISIS are behaving themselves, the morons running the country are doing a great job. But they do like riding a horse to death.

Seems to me as per above that a ball inflated in a hot locker room and then taken out into the cold would result in lower pressure and thus a softer ball. But would it be enough to make the ball obviously soft. Did the guy on tv delve into that?

Yes, he said that they lost about two pounds in the five hours. The time span that was in question. They were filled to 13 psi and when checked were 11psi. He also stated that the pounding of the running game would knock air out as well.

With all the science known in sports, I wonder ( I know it has ) if it hasn't been used to take advantage. However slight it might be. There are all sorts of tricks that can be used. Steroids, blood doping, and other assorted medical advantages that we don't even know about. It is really to bad that the bottom line in sports is the MONEY. I realize that it is a business, and making a buck is the way to stay in business. I really don't like football, not much on Sunday afternoon if it is nasty outdoors.

Marshal,

Widder, just explained it in the post above.

But serious, I don't know if the balls that they (Colts) used were checked out. If the past is any example, the NFL, will do a half vast investigation. I think the solution to this situation, is that from here on in, that both teams use the same game balls and the ball handlers are paid by the NFL. (I always thought that this was what was done). This would help insure that everything is above reproach. Well maybe, the NFL has been known to sweep some issues under the rug.

The sad part of this whole thing, is that the Patriots didn't need to cheat. The press conferance yesterday, was a joke. I don't think it really helped, instead, I believe it cast more doubts on the situation.

The bad part of this whole affair is the attention the national news is giving it. Guess ISIS are behaving themselves, the morons running the country are doing a great job. But they do like riding a horse to death.

I would agree with that. But I would like to hear what the NFL is going to do to correct the problem. I like the idea of having a ball official control ALL of the game, balls during all of the games. Just play ball boys, and play as well as your talents will allow, and let the chips fall where they may.

I don't think the Pats needed to do this. I think they are a better team than they thought they are. But this is a cloud that will not go away for a very long time, if ever.

PS: The talking heads are like a dog with a bone. They will attack it until the shreds of truth are completely gone and then refer to it on occasion to make another senseless point down the road.

Sam, I didn't answer you question correctly. From what was stated in the report, one can't really feel a difference between a ball that is at 13 psi and one at 11 psi. I haven't personally checked, and taking any news report for truth can make one look like a fool. For the Colts player to know on the field that the psi wasn't correct he had to have some knowledge of what was going on, that is just my opinon, after thinking about it.

BMC, I agree that the NFL has to solve the ball problem. It has been more widespread then just the Patriots. Some former QBs are coming out and saying that they messed with the balls. A ball official is the way to go.

Sports, it is about the athletic ability of the players, not how to cut corners to get an advantage.

Also BMC, did you see that the Seahawk mask that has been bringing your team good luck is on loan from a museum from Maine. We would like it back before the game. Ha ha, fat chance you say. Tried to find it, but evidently they took it off the site.

Sam, I didn't answer you question correctly. From what was stated in the report, one can't really feel a difference between a ball that is at 13 psi and one at 11 psi. I haven't personally checked, and taking any news report for truth can make one look like a fool. For the Colts player to know on the field that the psi wasn't correct he had to have some knowledge of what was going on, that is just my opinon, after thinking about it.

BMC, I agree that the NFL has to solve the ball problem. It has been more widespread then just the Patriots. Some former QBs are coming out and saying that they messed with the balls. A ball official is the way to go.

Sports, it is about the athletic ability of the players, not how to cut corners to get an advantage.

Also BMC, did you see that the Seahawk mask that has been bringing your team good luck is on loan from a museum from Maine. We would like it back before the game. Ha ha, fat chance you say. Tried to find it, but evidently they took it off the site.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WHAT MASK? We ain't got not Maine Mask. ^_^

My fishing partner, Bruce, is a master wood carver, His speciality is making Native American artifacts.

I don't know if he has ever made a Seahawk mask tho. I have a great hand made by him, fishing net

and the handle is a Raven with the world in it's beak. Way too beautiful to use but I treasure it.

He lost his wife last week and is having a tough patch of road.

Archived