SASS Wire Forum

Looking for guns I Sold

Dewey Cheatem, SASS #75620

Sometimes times are hard and you do what you gotta do. I know it's a long shot but if you have seen these guns or know who has them I would like to get in contact with them in case they would ever sell them back. I'm pretty sure he's in TN.

20130729_114702.jpg

Dewey,

those are pretty. Just thought I would mention that I shoot in a few places between middle TN and east TN and I don't recall ever seeing those pistols.

I wish you well.

..........Widder

I was wrong about TN. They were sent somewhere around Effingham IL to Buck Elroy. If anybody shoots with or knows him could you ask him to contact me. I know it's a long shot but stranger things have happened.

Deweymahan@gmail.com

DC

Dewey, This post is not going to help you in your search unless my 100% backing has some clout. I'm in the same search at this time for my 1887 Caps Special Edition Shotgun. I hope your search ends in a

recovery. Later Fairshake

Dewey,

retitle your thread to something like: 'Need help locating Buck Elroy'.

you will probably get more 'positive' responses than the way it is.

Just hopin this helps.

..........Widder

No I got these from 2 different people and had Lassiter do short strokes Kelly Laster do engraving and Slick Mcclade put sights on. I went thru a difficult time and let them go. At some point they'll be coming back home where they will stay this time good Lord willing.

DC

Wow, very cool. Buck sounds like a good man.

Dewey, I understand how you feel. The first Christmas I was married (27 Christmas's ago), I sold my beloved Winchester Trapper in 30-30 and also my 9422 to give my wife a decent Christmas. By decent, I mean food on the table, electricity to warm our little apartment and a couple of gifts. I still remember that sinking feeling I had when I sold them but we do what we must. My dad had given me those guns and he died three years later never knowing I had sold them. I still carry that guilt.

So, it makes me feel VERY good that you have found your pistolas. Enjoy them when they come home.

Not sure what caliber they were but if you can't get them back I've got a pair of om Ruger Bisley vaqueros that's had almost everything you can do to them done.

Wes Flowers full race job action, short stroke half cock etc

Rear sights opened up

Belt Mtn base pins

Lined bored for accuracy,

grips checkered

Shoot poi/poa

They are SS 5 1/2" barreled 45 colt conservative numbered

They do not have jeweled hammer or trigger

If interested let me know

Appreciate the offer but contact was made and yes they are coming back home in the near future. I've got almost 8 year old twins that are about to start. They will eventually get these or my identical blued set minus engraving. Good Lord willing they will inherit these one day.

This is what I LOVE about this sport. Nothing else I've competed in has the comrade that we do. If there is I haven't found it. As a very wise older shooter told me when I started "it's like a family reunion except everybody gets along".

DC

Hey DC, I couldn't resist chiming in here, sure am happy for you to get your guns back. And yes, it sure says a lot

for CAS in seeing cowboys helping each other out. Hope your family is all well my friend.

...crosscut

Archived