SASS Wire Forum

Shooting on the move

BJT

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whether the basketball rule "resets" itself after every shot from the firearm in use, or after firing all the shots required at that position (position possibly being more than one stride wide) seems to be the key. I believe the BT rule applies to the second of those two situations, not to the first.

Good luck, GJ

I agree... but, I've been wrong before.

E.g., "TO, you are getting an SDQ for moving while you were shooting." Shooter, "I wasn't moving while shooting. What I was doing is plant, shoot; plant, shoot; plant, shoot." The concern expressed by many was that if a shooter is doing the plant-shoot (or the 97 shuffle) he is walking, and if he is doing it very quickly he is running. The "clarification" has removed that defense to the application of the basketball rule.

In my poor head there is only one way to change the pivot foot in basket ball dribble the ball, guess the TO above should have asked what ball he dribbled to plant shoot, plant shoot.

Does this all boil down to you can shoot at Point A, You can shoot at Point B but can not shoot while transiting from Point A to Point B and oh by the way cannot have a live round in chamber when transiting from point a to point b unless it is a SxS with the action open.

E.g., "TO, you are getting an SDQ for moving while you were shooting." Shooter, "I wasn't moving while shooting. What I was doing is plant, shoot; plant, shoot; plant, shoot." The concern expressed by many was that if a shooter is doing the plant-shoot (or the 97 shuffle) he is walking, and if he is doing it very quickly he is running. The "clarification" has removed that defense to the application of the basketball rule.

In my poor head there is only one way to change the pivot foot in basket ball dribble the ball, guess the TO above should have asked what ball he dribbled to plant shoot, plant shoot.

Does this all boil down to you can shoot at Point A, You can shoot at Point B but can not shoot while transiting from Point A to Point B and oh by the way cannot have a live round in chamber when transiting from point a to point b unless it is a SxS with the action open.

Never could move with live round in chamber.Unless you have one foot planted as a pivot foot.

Never could move with live round in chamber.Unless you have one foot planted as a pivot foot.
From the RO1

Safe for movement rifle in hand only

Hammer fully down on an empty chamber or expended round, action closed

Action open, round on carrier or in chamber

If the action is open the round can be in the chamber.

Stan

From the RO1

Safe for movement rifle in hand only

Hammer fully down on an empty chamber or expended round, action closed

Action open, round on carrier or in chamber

If the action is open the round can be in the chamber.

Stan

Stand corrected. Thanks, I knew that but was just not focused in as well as I should've been.

I certainly hope that at Winter Range they explicitly state that you have to shoot from a specific area. I'm stating this just so they can eliminate the grey area of the clarification of the rule. If not, some TOs will call a penalty for shooting on the move and some will not.

I certainly hope that at Winter Range they explicitly state that you have to shoot from a specific area. I'm stating this just so they can eliminate the grey area of the clarification of the rule. If not, some TOs will call a penalty for shooting on the move and some will not.

And how will that be different? ;).

Archived