SASS Wire Forum

International Black Powder Championship RETURNS-- SMOKE IN THE VALLEY

C.C. Moonshine

Griswald was the largest manufacturer of the cast iron cooking utensils that were carried west and on chuck wagons. This started as an open fire cooking competition, but with the smaller fire pit and the large number of entrants, it's pretty much cooked in your camper or at home if you're close enough. Enough vittles to float a battleship, and we eat it all :D:D

Due the the disfunctional nature of the cowpokes at the Pass, it has kinda taken on a double entendre meaning. We think of Korrupt Karl as Clark :P

The bringing of food is not required to eat, especially if yer from way out of town and in a motel. Bring yer appetite Sunday morning and we'll fill yer belly :excl:

CR

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I'm not mistaken, I will be one of the judges for the Griswald breakfast. I don't take bribes but will take a mulligan or two on some stages. lol

If I'm not mistaken, I will be one of the judges for the Griswald breakfast. I don't take bribes but will take a mulligan or two on some stages. lol

We'll need extry rations :P

Thanks for the clarification. I went lookin' on the interwebs and found lots of info on the cast iron stuff but nothing the Paradise Pass tradition.

From the sounds of it, this shoot is just what I like. A nice location, FIRE and SMOKE and a bunch of goofballs to shoot with and hang out with.

Can't wait!

RR

Thanks for the clarification. I went lookin' on the interwebs and found lots of info on the cast iron stuff but nothing the Paradise Pass tradition.

From the sounds of it, this shoot is just what I like. A nice location, FIRE and SMOKE and a bunch of goofballs to shoot with and hang out with.

Can't wait!

RR

You will definitely be in the right place!

Didn't feel up to it last year, but I'm going back this year as well, so there will surely be a full cast of characters...

CS

So glad you can make it again Sandor. You were missed.

KK

Hey now! I resemble that remark...

Due to the way I was raised, I have absolutely no idea how to cook anything but a bowl of cereal......... I have been on my own without a women fixing my meals for around a day an a half in my whole life......... But, I DO have some venison cherizo sausage I would be willing to add to the pot. Thanks to my daughter.

I will volunteer to help Mack with any judging duties.

It's beginning to look as though we'll need to ask everyone to bring double rations. One set to feed the 75 or so folks that line up for breakfast, and an equal amount for the two judges :P

A lot of folks are taking liberties while I sit back here pondering.....since I will probably be choosing who is judging, I believe I will reserve that call til spring. I will take bribes however... I do appreciate all that are volunteering and I will take it under consideration.......KK

I think that Mack Daddy and Straight Arrow are leading the choices by about 200#'s each....lol. As they say, if you want something done, ask a busy person to do it. I guess that holds true with a eating judge as well and with that being said....Slim, you are out of the running.

Oh Man... Can I come over to your camp Slim? Don't sound like I'm a gonna get anything to eat over at the fire.

Have plate n fork, will travel.

Oh Man... Can I come over to your camp Slim? Don't sound like I'm a gonna get anything to eat over at the fire.

Have plate n fork, will travel.

Don't worry - we'll feed you ;)

When it all comes down to it....the judges will not be announced until after the Griswold Breakfast. Judging from Slim's Slim body I'd say he rarely eats breakfast....

KK

Yep, KK, Your right! Coffee for breakfast most days, an lots of it! But I sure do like a good breakfast. But if my wife don't fix it -it aint happenin.

Slim; Look forward to seeing everyone when I get back. Hope Kaya is dryfiring and practicing....I expect her to be kickin your butt some more when I get back...lol.

KK

I'm beginning to understand. The International Black Powder Championship is really an eating event where a little shooting breaks out. :lol:

Looks like I should bring less ammo and more condiments!

RR

Fer sure bring a fork ;)

CR

KK, Kaya is shooting matches and building ammo. Some dry firing. Homework 3-4 hours a night. Sucks. But almost straight A's so she can miss some school for the big shoots this year. Er, I mean, in case she is feeling poorly around the time of the shoots this year..............

guess I dunt have to worry about being a judge!!!

If Ya big Tree fell in a forest, would anybody hear his scream? lol Also, if you go hungry at Paradise Pass, it's your own fault.

The Pan-O-ribs me and Straight Arrow killed off last year would probably put us both in the BigBoy hall of fame. Many Angus died in the making of that moment...

And I didn't get any! Man, I can slaughter a rack of ribs! I remember seeing the full pan then suddenly it was turned into a huge belch and they were gone!

If Ya big Tree fell in a forest, would anybody hear his scream?

Ya might not hear the thump, but If'n your within a mile you'd probably hear the profanity. :o

The Pan-O-ribs me and Straight Arrow killed off last year would probably put us both in the BigBoy hall of fame. Many Angus died in the making of that moment...

I saw the bone pile! :o

Archived