SASS Wire Forum

International Black Powder Championship RETURNS-- SMOKE IN THE VALLEY

C.C. Moonshine

You asked for it at the SASS Convention !

Now you got it !

It was asked at the SASS Convention if the International Black Powder Championship known as

Smoke in the Valley was ever going to take place again.

I am proud to announce that SASS HQ, Misty Moonshine, Slip Noose and Paradise Pass have come to an

agreement.

MAY 29TH, 30TH, & 31ST, 2015 the Indiana Black Powder Guild at Paradise Pass will host the event !

This shoot will be side matches, Mini Warm up matches, cookout, Night Shoot all on Friday,

Then over Saturday and Sunday 12 stages of main match FUN !!! A great on site banquet, GRIZWALD

BREAKFAST, and poker game.

The Indiana Black Powder Guild is Legendary for their events overseen by Korupt Karl and this one is sure to

please the crowd !!!

you can find more information and applications at Paradise Pass

Also here is an awesome drone video of the range, done by Travel'n Kid DRONE VIEW OF RANGE

The name is changing from Smoke in the Valley (since we aint got no valley) To THUNDER IN PARADISE !!!!!

BUCKLES FOR THE TOP 40 % OF EACH CATEGORY !!!! THAT'S THE PRIZE !!!!

DON'T MISS THE FIRST RESURRECTION OF A GREAT SHOOT FROM THE PAST !!!!!!

Start signing up now !!!!!!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zowie!

It'll be a great shoot at a great club.

Lookin' forward to seein' y'all there!

--Dawg

Ohio is the weekend before so with a four hour commute you can shoot 24 stages over a 9 day time period.....I gotta go load some ammo.....Yee haw this is gonna be fun :P .

Ohio is the weekend before so with a four hour commute you can shoot 24 stages over a 9 day time period.....I gotta go load some ammo.....Yee haw this is gonna be fun :P .

Tell ya what....someone wanting to shoot a great Midwest shoot OHIO STATE SHOOT....pull your rig over to Paradise and shoot two great shoots back to back. 24 stages in a 9 day period, plus add the 3 stage night shoot on Friday.....better load some more Mark... cause you'll need enough for 27 stages....and then there are the warm up stages on side match day.....and side matches...you be right, ya better start loading...

KK

Another major black powder match is a good thing! However, does this mean that the winners of the black powder categories at EOT will not be world Champions? If so, I will still shoot EOT but will probably just compete in an age-based category shooting smokeless ammunition. I can't see scrubbing black powder fouling out of my guns at the end of every day when there isn't a title on the line. I'd rather have the time to socialize with my friends.

Could not have picked a better club to host a match like this. Not just from a logistical standpoint with it's nearby lodging, but because of the folks that put on the matches at Paradise Pass! You will not find a more welcoming and shooter friendly bunch in all of SASS!!! The range at Paradise is located in scenic rural Indiana a short drive from the airport in South Bend! If you have never shot, or have not shot at this club in a long time, you owe it to yourself to attend this match! Gonna be a big time at the pass for sure!

This is Macktastic. I think I'm going to try and shoot Jose Whales this year. Nothin more manly than four pistols hanging near your crotch. lmao.

Hey C.C. Can I mount a cannon in the upper window of my cabin for this event? I promise no shenanigans will come of it...

I just signed up for the IBPG event - is this the same thing? do I need to redo my app - costs??

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Sent you a pm...you are good to go.

KK

My compatriots in the cowboy frat house won't permit my ownership of a cannon.

Hmmm...They says ya can't own one, But ya can borrow my inch and an eight bore I made last year. :D

image_6.jpeg

Another major black powder match is a good thing! However, does this mean that the winners of the black powder categories at EOT will not be world Champions? If so, I will still shoot EOT but will probably just compete in an age-based category shooting smokeless ammunition. I can't see scrubbing black powder fouling out of my guns at the end of every day when there isn't a title on the line. I'd rather have the time to socialize with my friends.

This is the INTERNATIONAL BP Championship. This is bringing back the shoot called "Smoke in The Valley" which use to be held at Founders. EOT will still be the world championship....and this will be the INTERNATIONAL.

Hope this helps. PM me if you have more questions and concerns....look forward to seeing you.

KK

Whaaaat? Me? Shenanigans?

Mac are you at that Irish pub shenanigans again??

There are some great new ideas goings on fur this epic shoot!

With the complete talent pool of the regulators and surrounding clubs and folks putting their backs into this shoot, it will be one ta remember!!

Can't wait!! Bp is very highly thought of here so bring lots a ammo!!

Furball

Best mark yer calendar cowboys & cowgirls.

Gonna be bigger & better than ever!!

See you there!

--Dawg

HOWDY EVERYONE,

Yep we are working hard to get all the details put together !

Banquet will be on site in the HUGE tent, like we have for the Indiana State Shoot.

Vendors are starting to line up !

Awards are rolling !

Additional camping in the works with electric !

Re-doing and widening the driveway at first moment of spring !

For those that have not been here, this link is a drone view video done by Travel'n Kid last year ! DRONE VIEW OF PPR

This is going to be TOP shelf shoot !

Right after Ohio State so one weeks vacation would get ya 30 + stages of shooting !!!!! Really is a perfect plan !

Man oh Man am I looking forward to this one. Folks if you have not been to this facility you are doing yourself a diservice. It has it all, 13 awesome stages, great targets, props,awesome family atmosphere.You cannot go wrong with CC and the rest of the crew. I love this place so much I have 2 cabins there. I usually shoot some variation of Palerider when I shoot BP. But I am going to call out Straight Arrow Hombre and Doc Molar to bring their regular main match guns and shoot two handed like men. Come on boys lets race. I propose a new category to CC Top. It will be called Rolling Thunder, It's shot two handed and competitors must weigh in at at least 240 pounds with full match gear on. Can't wait.

Man oh Man am I looking forward to this one. Folks if you have not been to this facility you are doing yourself a diservice. It has it all, 13 awesome stages, great targets, props,awesome family atmosphere.You cannot go wrong with CC and the rest of the crew. I love this place so much I have 2 cabins there. I usually shoot some variation of Palerider when I shoot BP. But I am going to call out Straight Arrow Hombre and Doc Molar to bring their regular main match guns and shoot two handed like men. Come on boys lets race. I propose a new category to CC Top. It will be called Rolling Thunder, It's shot two handed and competitors must weigh in at at least 240 pounds with full match gear on. Can't wait.

Hell, I can make the minimum in my birthday suit :D Just can't get into the idea it takes two hands to hold a pistol :P

Look us up and make your plans - this is a great venue and they always put on a fabulous show :excl:

CR

Cowboy rick, is ya shooti'n fcgf?

Two of me hardly makes the 240 minimum!!!!! I just dropped off the supplies Flush Draw needed to make up some BP .44s for me. We tried a couple out of his long barreled Redhawk. They ought to be awe inspirin' from my Blackhawks!

Yes sir!!

Need ta come up with a name fur us older fellas shooti'n fcgf

Thunder and nappi'n!! Ha!

Two of me hardly makes the 240 minimum!!!!! I just dropped off the supplies Flush Draw needed to make up some BP .44s for me. We tried a couple out of his long barreled S&W 629 Classic Deluxe. They ought to be awe inspirin' from my Blackhawks!

Fixed that frrr ya Slim. Smith & Wesson!

Yes sir!!

Need ta come up with a name fur us older fellas shooti'n fcgf

Thunder and nappi'n!! Ha!

So there's Cubby FCGF and now Old Feller FCGF..... Well I guess that leaves only one category for me......Good Look'in FCGF

Spittoon

Archived