SASS Wire Forum

IRON COWBOY IS BACK! UPDATE!

Blackwater 53393

The Iron Cowboy eight stage in one day annual match returns this year at Park Mammoth Resort, home of the Rock Castle Rangers.

April 10th and 11th with Wild Bunch and side matches beginning at noon on Friday the 10th and the main match on Saturday the 11th. Safety meeting will be at 8:30 a.m. central time and the match will begin at 9:00 a.m. Four stages in the morning, a lunch break, and then four more stages.

Rooms are available at Park Mammoth Resort in Park City, KY. The lodge is on the range grounds and there is a good restaurant at the lodge too. They have a winery and a tasting room as well.

Fire 'n' Fallback is writing the stages and they will be action filled and fun.

Stay tuned here for more information and where to find applications. Details are still developing and I'll add news as I get it.

Sounds like a great match for Captain Bill Burt's son, Iron Cowboy. :) With Fire 'n' Fallback writing, I'm sure it'll be a good one!

Does that mean you're gonna venture up into Southern KY and shoot with us?

go to the middle of nowhere and take a left!!

got a feeling it's near where I ended up last Friday trying to find the outback crabshack near St Augustine.... stinking GPS!!!!

Thanks Tyrel!!

Folks, that link will show you where the match is located. I spoke to Fire 'n' Fallback this evening and he says that the application will be up on the website this weekend.

The match fee is $60.00 and includes lunch.

Their website is at http://rockcastleshootingcenter.com , and again, the app will be up by sometime this weekend.

If there is enough interest there will be a Top Cowboy category included and Outlaw will be included as well.

top cowboy=all around cowboy...

Thanks there, Purty!!

You're thinkin' about it, AIN'TCHA'??

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got this e-mail from Fire 'n' Fallback

hello blackwater hope this info answers any questions anyone has. yes the iron cowboy is honoring all round cowboy this year! should be fun. - andy stage 1 has no style, ammo or shotgun requirements. stage 2 requires all shooters to use traditional style with pistols. on stage 3 shooters must use a 97 or 87 shotgun. at stage 4 contestants must use a double shotgun and shoot gunfighter style w/ pistols. stage 5 requires use of black powder ammo . stage 6 shooters must use black powder ammo, a double shotgun and shoot gunfighter style. stage 7 must be shot dualist style and employ a 97 or an 87 shotgun. stage 8 has no particular shooting requirements.

​Any of you hombres that have a hankerin' fer some extry fun, here's your chance!!

Sounds like a great match for Captain Bill Burt's son, Iron Cowboy. :) With Fire 'n' Fallback writing, I'm sure it'll be a good one!

My first thought was about this young fella and hopin' he was ok.

I wish I could make this match this year. Next year I am gonna see if I can work out the vacation time

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, Randy!! You coming??

I just checked the weekend weather forecast. 72 degrees and sunny for the shoot. Now we're gettin' somewhere!!!

We'll miss ya', Randy. I know about the work thing. Hatfield has to work too. :angry:

Hope to see ya' next week for the mid month.

Archived