SASS Wire Forum

Bob Mernickle

Jess Money

What I considered a problem that I alone had caused with one of my Evil Roy holsters was not even a heartbeat from being solved by Bob Mernickle in San Antonio this past weekend at the SASS Convention.

I introduced myself and told Bob my problem and showed him what I was concerned with. He looked at the holster and said right off the bat, "I'm going to replace your holster!"

"Wait a minute, Bob! I caused this and all I'm asking is for you to tell me what I can do so I won't do it to the other holster, too!. I don't want you to replace the holster with a new one unless I pay for it!"

I might as well have been arguing with a brick wall.

Long story short, Bob Mernickle did what he said he needed to do to keep his customer happy. He replaced the holster, gave me some advice as to how to solve my problem with the new one and said he would take my old holster back to study and hopefully find out what his crew could do to avoid my problem from happening to someone else down the line. Can you believe that?

A +1 jillion to a vendor we call our own and to a gentleman who stands behind his product 100%. Thanks, Bob, you're the best!

Jess Money

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, January 13, 2015 - Vendor Bashing
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, January 13, 2015 - Vendor Bashing

Bob May be good and recall he was but when I had to deal with his spouse I couldn't pay her for something without her telling me what I wanted and not what I was paying for after several minutes I gave up and have not felt with them since. I use Kirtpatrick never had a problem with him and he made a good impression on me early on. I do own an origial evil Roy wild such rig that works and as long as it does I'll use it otherwise I'll either make one my self or order it from Kirtpatrick.

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, January 13, 2015 - Refers to hidden post.
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, January 13, 2015 - Refers to hidden post.

Great way to hijack a post Blackey.

Stopped by the booth and met Bob....helpful....friendly...I didn't need a thing....bought a WB rig anyway. They had me from hell-o.....both of them.....Jim

Lived a whole year regretting I didn't buy a rig he had at the Branson convention. Glad to say I didn't make the same mistake this year. Spent way too much money at his booth. Both he and his wife are great and they know how to keep a customer happy. Now I can't wait for the rig to come.

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, January 13, 2015 - Comment on hidden post.
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, January 13, 2015 - Comment on hidden post.

Great way to hijack a post Blackey.

+1. Doesn't need to comment/post on every thread.

Great work Bob!

Never purchased products from either but I always recommend them as some of the best made 'non custom' products on the market. There are reasons why top shooters pick leather from the two or thee top makers more than all the rest combined and Mernickle is one of them. If I were to go out and buy two new rigs tomorrow, one would likely be from Mernickle and the other from Kirkpatrick!

Bob and his Lady are class acts. I didn't spend any money with them (already use Mernickle holsters), but I enjoyed seeing No Horse ripple off a rack of bux.

Bob and Sherri are the best people and provide great leather

As to custom rigs, Bob is a real artist. Each year at our annual shoot we have a raffle in a sense.The cowboys bid on a custom rig designed and built by Bob. The money goes to the local Boy Scout Troop. And then Bob doubles that a amount in the value of the holster set he will provide the shooter.

On average we see $2,000 to $2,400 bids winning. And then Bob builds a holster worth $4,000 to $4,800 dollars. Beautiful workmanship and design. It would top any B Western leather and silver holster ever seen.

He and his family just keep on giving.

Thanks Bob and Sherri.

Ike

I have seen Bob fix rigs that he didn't even make.

Yup-He's a class act :excl:

OLG

Did it for me at Hell On Wheels one year, charged me a pittance. I bought something else from him at the time.

CR

I called Bob to order some Evil Roy leather and we got into a conversation about a "pet project" of mine involving leather for a sawed off shotgun (NFA legal, of course) and a Colt SAA (not for CAS, LOL). About 45 minutes later, he had designed the entire rig in his head and I placed the order right away. He's a big kid and eats this stuff up! LMOA!

This is my question too. Might be something the rest of us need to look out for.

Hey Jess! I'll make it three...... What was the original problem with the rig? I've seen your rig and they looked ok.... What happened?

But to stay on topic, Bob is a class act!

I can hardly say enough good about Bob and Sherri Mernickle. But if you want to hear a couple of REALLY good stories about those fine folks, I'll be glad to tell you in person.

Good people, quality product, and they really stand behind their stuff, and SASS, as well. I'm a fan.

Cheers,

FJT

Camped next to Bob and Sherri at Bordertown this past October. Great folks and a hoot to be around. If you don't want a good product, great service and a good time...then stay away! I consider them two of the best in our game.

Four Bucks

Archived