SASS Wire Forum

CAS match scoring software

Six-Shot

Are any Cowboy Action Clubs using any other match scoring software other than the SASS scoring program? If so, what other scoring software are you using?

Most local clubs here use the SASS program, but there is also:

Round Up by Appalachian Alan

http://www.hootenoldtown.com/alanbillips/files.htm

Thanks Marauder. I contacted him.

ACES, Nothing else needed!

TB

True and probably the simplest to set up matches especially for smaller clubs.

We use Round Up because it does our yearly points system and also for our annual we use paper score sheets as well so you need away of creating them.

But if it were not for those two things ACES all the way. No score keeper entering scores needed and scores are can be done in minutes after last posse finishes.

AO

AT bigger shoots I run ACES on my phone just to keep track of my scores and friends on posse rather than writing shooters book.

Aces is the way to go,Round up is good but can be ungainly as it does many things as well as score keeping . I have been the stats man for many years for my club and this is only my opinion based on that experience. . Aces allows you to enter scores on the line and calculate in seconds for a final, then upload to the net . If you want to keep track of other things like membership I recommend that you use a spread sheet or other system.

I think aces is great price is right if you got members with the hardware, round up is great especially if you need to modify itto add a club specific feature. Sass is expensive and does play well with others like the two previous systems.

Six Shot - You can take a look at the system we just began using. It's shown in our video in the post entitled 2015 SASS Western Regional - Registration Now Open! (video) It uses iPads and was developed by one of our co-shooters, Tex Wayland. He calls it the Single Action Simple Scoring System and we've been using and testing it for about four months so that we'll have fully up and running for our Western Regional in August. The iPads are bluetoothed to our base station and all scores are immediately updated as each shooter's scores are entered. We'll also have a big-screen TV so that shooters can see their scores (not their ratings) real-time during the match. It's very user-friendly and we're basically training everyone in CVR to use it so that anyone can be a time-keeper. We've been keeping paper scores side-by-side just in case, but it's been flawless. RR

Archived