SASS Wire Forum

New Additions I Got Today - Want to research them a bit.

Charlie T Waite

Just picked up a set of NIB John Wayne Single-Six 32 H&R Magnum Birdshead Revolvers - with low consecutive serial numbers DUKEXX4XX. Was going to use then for GF, but decided that before I break the seals & load them up I need to research the value. Anyone have any suggestions of where to look?

Thanks

CTW

I got em to use, but they look so good with the engraving and all, just didn't want to mess them up.

CTW

Shooting the guns want mess them up normally unless your talking about the ring on the cylinder. From my limited research that most of the collectors edition guns were made in such large quantities that to make any money in you lifetime is very unlikely. Back before the nineteenth centruy when they ran those collectors editions they were numbered 1x of 100/500/1000 now they run several thousands when they do it.

According to Ruger they only ran 1250 of these

CTW

I have a consecutively numbered set of 5 1/2" SS .38-40/.40 S&W Vaqueros, plus a 3rd backup, all purchased new in box, and shoot the hell out of them - only 753 made. I've also got a consecutively numbered set of 4 5/8" SS .44 special Vaqueros, plus a 3rd backup, all purchased new in box, that I also shoot the hell out of - only 503 made. And a Marlin .32-20 CCLTD, only 501 made, and it gets shot regularly too. Sell 'em or shoot 'em!

Will shoot em.

Archived