SASS Wire Forum

TG Vote

He jacked one out, pulled one out of port and set it down, and then picked up the wrong one? OK, it sure is possible

I believe i only know of one shooter left in my area that still loads two shells (port and one in mag) into a 97 at a time.

Shooter pulls 4 with left hand, loads and shoots 1st round, but the hull didn't eject, he tossed the 2nd round in the port on top of the hull, sets down remaining 2 rounds to deal with the problem. Shell 2 fell onto the pair that he had "placed" by setting them down, he picked up all 3.

Second case was simaler, except shooter pulled 2 with left hand, problem turned out to be 45 brass Had fallen in the port of the 97,

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shooter pulls 4 with left hand, loads and shoots 1st round, but the hull didn't eject, he tossed the 2nd round in the port on top of the hull, sets down remaining 2 rounds to deal with the problem. Shell 2 fell onto the pair that he had "placed" by setting them down, he picked up all 3.

Second case was simaler, except shooter pulled 2 with left hand, problem turned out to be 45 brass Had fallen in the port of the 97,

OK.

As we argue the merits of the rule, it is interesting to note that if 6 clubs changed their vote from no to yes (to eliminate the penalty) the MSV for picking up a dropped round would have been eliminated.

You must ask your TG if he/she submitted your clubs votes, otherwise you had no say in the outcome.

Less than 50% of the clubs cast a vote. Voting can be accomplished by sending them to Slipnoose, sending a person with a proxy for your club or actually attending the summit.

Because the vote was over 50% for eliminating the rule, it can return on next years agenda.

Voter apathy is alive and well.

As we argue the merits of the rule, it is interesting to note that if 7 clubs changed their vote from no to yes (to eliminate the penalty) the MSV for picking up a dropped round would have been eliminated.

You must ask your TG if he/she submitted your clubs votes, otherwise you had no say in the outcome.

Less than 50% of the clubs cast a vote. Voting can be accomplished by sending them to Slipnoose, sending a person with a proxy for your club or actually attending the summit.

Because the vote was over 50% for eliminating the rule, it can return on next years agenda.

Voter apathy is alive and well.

Aye sir - my TG was notified of my desires on FCGF (yes vote) and the MSV dropped round thing (told him that I was good either way and that whatever the majority choose I would support)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

As the dropped round rule is "discussed & beat to death" I will add two cents worth. MHO is that if the rule were to be dropped you have overlapping rules that deal with any safety issues that come up; i.e. dropped revolver from holster, sweeping the crowd, or breaking the 170 rule.

Most of us would not try to pick up a round that hits the ground, but I might retrieve a round that lands on a table or prop. I'm not quick enough anymore to catch one out of the air, but if I would, that should be a bonus and not a penalty.

Just my thoughts,

BS

As the dropped round rule is "discussed & beat to death" I will add two cents worth. MHO is that if the rule were to be dropped you have overlapping rules that deal with any safety issues that come up; i.e. dropped revolver from holster, sweeping the crowd, or breaking the 170 rule.

Most of us would not try to pick up a round that hits the ground, but I might retrieve a round that lands on a table or prop. I'm not quick enough anymore to catch one out of the air, but if I would, that should be a bonus and not a penalty.

Just my thoughts,

BS

Nothing new about your thought.

There is a number of rules that could be dropped because of redundancy of safety rules.

I don't have heart burn with the way it is.

Archived