• Created
  • Last Reply

1. Pass

2. Pass

3. Pass

4. Fail

5. Fail

6. Fail

Well, I'm at the office without a numbered list in front of me, guess I'll start searching.

Found them! Drinks are on Cowboy Rick. :P

A mixed bag as far as my preferences, but FCGF WAS/IS my top priority! :P;)

Baby steps y'all!! Baby steps!! ;)

Well, I'm at the office without a numbered list in front of me, guess I'll start searching.

Found them! Drinks are on Cowboy Rick. :P

Drinks and Cigars :D Yee Haw!

We are coming out of the closet :P Make way for some smoke :ph34r:

CR

A mixed bag as far as my preferences, but FCGF WAS/IS my top priority! :P;)

Baby steps y'all!! Baby steps!! ;)

Yep ....mine too!

Thanks for the "Action News Report", the real news we need to know.

"Cowboy Action News" :)

Thanks for the "Action News Report", the real news we need to know.

"Cowboy Action News" :)

Yep, it's in the C.A.N. :lol:

Very glad to hear FCGF made it.

Good luck, GJ

FYI
1) Should we institute the following standard for all style/costume categories when breaking them down by age?

The regulations for the base category will be applied first; THEN the age limits.

Reasons to do so:

"any legal revolver" is the criteria for the basic AGE-based categories ...which doesn't apply to FRONTIERSMAN (requires percussion ignition); CLASSIC (which has a caliber restriction), and GUNFIGHTER (which requires FIXED sights)...as does DUELIST

Other categories have restrictions regarding rifle model/caliber and additional equipment regulations.

...Senior Duelist currently being the only anomaly specifically listed as such (i.e. a "subcategory" of SENIOR instead of Duelist)

Example:

(Senior GF would be a Gunfighter 60+ years old, subject to Gunfighter category regulations)

2) Should we change Senior Duelist to comply with that standard?

Shooting STYLE = #1 determinant

Shooter's AGE = #2 consideration

3) Should we officially acknowledge the shooting category "Frontier Cartridge gunfighter" as a SASS sanctioned/recognized category?

The category would follow the firearm and ammo guidelines of the current "Frontier Cartridge" category and follow the shooting style and holster requirements of the current "Gunfighter" Category.

The main reason to add FCGF to the list of "officially recognized" categories is that it brings the BP categories up to par with the smokeless ones in regard to available shooting styles.

Smokeless = Open/age-based (two-handed); Duelist/Senior Duelist/Classic (one-handed); Gunfighter/B-Western (both hands)

Black Powder = Frontier Ctg (two-handed); Frontiersman/Frontier Ctg Duelist (one-handed); FCGF (both hands).

4) Should the MSV penalty for retrieving a dropped or ejected round be removed if done SAFELY? i.e.:

24. Ammunition dropped by a shooter in the course of loading or reloading any firearm during a stage or "ejected" from any firearm may be SAFELY recovered; or replaced from the shooter's person or other area as required by stage description. If the round is not fired it is counted as a missed shot.

Keep in mind that current rules allow retrieval of dropped/ejected rounds after the shooter completes the stage...with NO RESTRICTIONS or PENALTY related to where the ammo may have landed or whether the shooter has firearms "in hand" or not.

5) Should conflicts on costume based shooting categories ("B"-Western Men's & Ladies and Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl) Costuming requirement determinations be relegated to the Costume Contest personnel/judges?

Where the competitors can battle it out in front of a panel of judges instead of bringing costume issues to the attention of Range Masters and Match Directors to decide if a shirt or boots are in compliance with the rules.

6) Should the Category of Grand Dame have the name changed to "Golden Girls"?

A petition was circulated with quite a number of signatures stating that the name of the category was too stuffy.

SO. WHAT'S A gUNFIGHTER OVER 80?

Shakey? :)

+1

Shaky octogenarian :)

...the vote went great!!!!

...and thanks for letting us know!!!

SO. WHAT'S A gUNFIGHTER OVER 80?

Shakey? :)

Admirable

Been wait’n 10 years for this :D

Thanks one and all who supported and voted
FCGF Rules!
Oho, boys!--oho, boys!--oho!

So how did the discussion on shooting and moving go?

Rule is clear. Don't understand why there is a discussion needed. Don't move two feet while a live round is under a cocked hammer. What am I missing? Really I'm not trying to start anything hear but it has been talked about several times. Is there a group that wants something different ?

PS. Thanks to all for the time and effort put in to make this a better game.

Hey Rafe!! Your left hand never was stupid!! That was operator error!! :lol::lol::lol:

Nope. Next step is to have age-based categories split as follows:

Cowboy Traditional - fixed sights on revolvers

Cowboy Modern - adjustable sights on revolvers

Wrangler Traditional - fixed sights on revolvers

Wrangler Modern - adjustable sights on revolvers

49er Traditional - fixed sights on revolvers

49er Modern- adjustable sights on revolvers

Senior Traditional - fixed sights on revolvers

Senior Modern - adjustable sights on revolvers

Silver Senior Traditional - fixed sights on revolvers

Silver Senior Modern - adjustable sight son revolvers

Elder Statesman Traditional - fixed sights on revolvers

Elder Statesman Modern - adjustable sights on revolvers

Laz

Rule is clear. Don't understand why there is a discussion needed. Don't move two feet while a live round is under a cocked hammer. What am I missing? Really I'm not trying to start anything hear but it has been talked about several times. Is there a group that wants something different ?

PS. Thanks to all for the time and effort put in to make this a better game.

Yes, there are some who think that the current rule is not restrictive enough. :wacko:

Guys I'm happy this passed, it is an official category, so it has to be offered, but remember State and above require a min in order to have it, so have fun and bring others to shoot FCGF, even though we have a offical categories make sure they are populated in order to shoot them, all the rest made up one's are at the discrection of the MD.

KK

I still think the simplest way is to offer bp or smokeless powder for all categories and list the shooting styles across the top and the modifier down the left hand make a chart of it and allow categories to use bp or smokeless or both. Something like this

Two handed. Duelist/double duelist. Gunfighter

Wrangler

Cowboy

49er

Senior

Silver senior

Elder statesman/grand dame

The above categories may have a seperate male and female category along with smokeless or bp categories

The following categories are only divided by male and female and smokeless is the primary powder

Classic cowboy

Bwestern

The following will be bp only categories

Frontiersman

That's the simplest way that way with the rules in place the only need to add a category is if they are firearm or dress requirements but just to add a cat that is a combo of what is already approved should be approved since it will fall in the age /shooting style/powder/gender format.

Archived