SASS Wire Forum

Islamic terrorist attack in France

I just turned the tv on. What a mess. :(

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Explosions and shots fired just now.

Hopefully a wake up call to Europe, the U.S. probably not so much.

Fox News now reporting there was a second suspect in the deli, who is still on the loose! These vermin were, by their own words financed by Al Qaeda in Yeman, and swore to die as martyrs! One of their mentors in New York was just sentenced to life in prison. Great! Just keep him around to radicalize some more fellow prisoners. OTOH, if he had been sentenced to death...and if it were ever carried out, he'd be another martyr! Damned if we do, and damned if we don't! :angry::angry::angry:

Situational awareness, Pards! Check six frequently!

Unlike Parisians, NYCs, New Englanders and Californians, I am always armed with either a .44 S&W Special. a .44 Rem Mag or a .45ACP. Decades ago, I refused to travel to clients in those areas.If they wanted my expertise, they had to go West to my office.

Too many of us compromise our principles. I found that I did not have to do so.

I find it assinine to go unarmed at any time. I don't obsess about lightning yet have a lightning rod and don't worry about fire but always have fire extinguishers in my home, loading shed, boats and vehicles.

Idaho is

What America was!

France and especially Paris has been swamped with Muslims in the last 20 years. Liberal immigration and kumbaya security policies are showing results. They asked for it, now live with it.

Maybe a new Charles "The Hammer" Martel will emerge to rally the French and save their homeland. Or maybe not.

I suspect many Paris officers will now choose to carry a firearm. The National Police and Gendarmerie carry Sigs. They used to be .357 Sig cartridge, not sure if they've changed to. 40. They also have access to subguns and the Gendarmerie, being military, can carry assault rifles.

Having unarmed locals is a stupid idea in the 21st century, especially given the conditions in France. Imagine only the FBI having guns and your local PD carrying pepper spray like mall security!

Choosing to carry a firearm is still a long way from being prepared to use it.

Choosing to carry a firearm is still a long way from being prepared to use it.

They are trained in firearms. They have the option to carry or not. I think recent events might be sufficient motivation for many to carry now.

They are trained in firearms. They have the option to carry or not. I think recent events might be sufficient motivation for many to carry now.

It would motivate me...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Chris Cuomo is the reporter who misspoke.

See video at about the 0:45 time mark.

http://downtrend.com/brian-carey/cnns-chris-cuomo-calls-black-french-terrorist-an-african-american-man/

I read somewhere that during the muslim uprising in the Philipines, there was an execution of muslim terrorists overseen by Gen. Pershing. They slaughtered a pig and each marksman dipped his bullet in pig's blood then loaded his rifle. All of the condemned except one were killed. The one that was allowed to live took the message back to his buddies and there was no trouble from the muslim sector there for many years.

I'd say history in this instance might be due to repeat itself!

Go to youtube and search "French Forces Afghanistan."

Not only do the French enjoy using their weapons, they like calling in air support almost as much as anyone else.

Their uniforms are ridiculous, their headgear is a laugh, but they know how to fight.

And they do.

They assumed responsibility for an area over there that had been in Italian control for quite some time. Turned out, the italian's had gone back to their roots with the mafia and had simply bribed all the Taliban/Taliban supporters in the region to keep quiet and leave them alone.

So when the French took over the area the hand off made the area look very peaceful, and they weren't going around heavily armed. "Light patrols."

The Taliban commander in the area claimed that the French were much more aggressive than the Italians, and when the bribes stopped, the Taliban started attacking the French.

One ambush in particular comes to mind. This link doesn't cover everything, like how Rouge 4 repeated maneuvered into contact trying to reach Carmine 2. And how many of Carmine 2's KIA's were killed while trying to help each other.

Some of the French in Carmine 2 were killed with bladed weapons. Some of the French fought bladed weapons hand to hand an survived.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uzbin_Valley_ambush

The French know how to fight, and do so well. They're not the best of our allies.

But they're definitely not the worse.

I am continuously reminded of the photograph of the RVN policeman(aka White Mouse) placing his 38 special to the suspected Viet Cong's head and solving the immediate problem.

Blackwater, that story about Black Jack, while it sounds valid, is apparently not true.

That is not to say that it may work with these idiots. Anyway, the end result would be

much more harmonious that the drivel we get from the white house.

People fixate on the pork thing way too much. Full metal jackets and death from above are much more effective.

Leave it to Mud Marine to use something of this magnitude to take another shot at Californians. What a stud! Smoking Gator

It does get a bit old.

I understand and support the main point he makes, but his cheap shot detracts from his point.

Regarding the OP. I do find it heartening that there seems to be an awakening in Europe (and perhaps here, as well) as to what is finally beginning to be seen to be at stake. I spent time (way too much, due to weather) in 3 airports yesterday, and on 3 flights. Subject came up frequently with my fellow travelers...

Harvey

Who, as many Californians, is armed at least as well as MM. Many would be surprised at the CCW rate in the inland CA counties.

Gator,

Sounds similar to here in South-Central CA shooting community.

As you know, there are two California's, politically. Urban/Coastal, and all the rest.

That said, there are still a large percentage of Cali folks even in the urban/coastal areas that are strong 2nd amendment proponents.

It is an uphill fight, but worth the effort.

The country, as a whole, would fare negatively were we not fighting the fight here, as we tend to be a bellwether state. It sure would be nice to have their support in this, and most do!

Harvey

Archived