SASS Wire Forum

2015 Pursuit into the Osage Nation

Oklahomabound

Catoosa Red, Madame Co-Director of Pursuit into the Osage Nation, had this to say: "...the 2015 Pursuit into the Osage Nation is now full. We have started a wait list. Go ahead and send your entry in if you think you want to attend. We will hold your funds until/if a spot opens up."

So, it is:

weeks
days
hours
minutes
seconds
...until "Pursuit into the Osage Nation"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
weeks 6
days 7
hours 40
minutes 46
seconds

until that now famous "Pursuit into the Osage Nation" match...

• 2 weeks later...

weeks

days

hour

minutes

seconds

until

Pursuit into the Osage Nation!

• 2 weeks later...

...time is just flyin' by!!!

weeks
days
hours
minutes
seconds
until "Pursuit into the Osage Nation"

...what??? ...no comments from the now famous Buffalo Bill Mathewson!!! ...with all the shootin' he's been doin', I woulda bet even money he was out of smoke, fire, and balls...

...just sayin'...

...what??? ...no comments from the now famous Buffalo Bill Mathewson!!! ...with all the shootin' he's been doin', I woulda bet even money he was out of smoke, fire, and balls...

...just sayin'...

I have little balls, but if I am going to shoot the new cap guns I will need to cast big balls. I still need to cast and lube rifle bullets. I have a new Big Lube bullet mold that I hope will help with the across the pond rifle targets. I need to stuff smoke in a few more shotgun shell since Kitty will be shooting smoke as well. Today I brought home my shotgun targets from the Ozark Posse range so will have several shotgun targets to shoot.

I have little balls, but if I am going to shoot the new cap guns I will need to cast big balls. I still need to cast and lube rifle bullets. I have a new Big Lube bullet mold that I hope will help with the across the pond rifle targets. I need to stuff smoke in a few more shotgun shell since Kitty will be shooting smoke as well. Today I brought home my shotgun targets from the Ozark Posse range so will have several shotgun targets to shoot.

...what???? ...practicing at home???? ...will the folks at the Ozark Posse range miss those targets??? ;)

I don't practice much at home but I do have six KD shotgun targets I loan out to the clubs I shoot at when they have a need. These are the targets I took to Woolaroc last year and they will be there again this year. Last year at Woolaroc we had a 10 shotgun round stage. Shooting black the shotgun barrels do get a bit warm. The Ozark Posse used the targets this past weekend for a all shotgun target stage.

The Right Honorable (Co-Match Director) Catoosa Red had this to say:

"Greetings friends! Pursuit into the Osage Nation will be here before we know it! Here are few details we wanted you to know about the shoot:
Friday Check In - 10:00am
Friday Side matches - 12:00 noon
Fastest Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun
Long Range Pistol, Long Range Rifle (Pistol Caliber)
Fastest Derringer & Pocket Pistol
Long Range Big Bore & Big Bore Lever
Friday Night Shoot - 9:30pm! Buffalo Bill Matthewson & Longbranch Kitty will be running the night shoot. We will be shooting 1 stage, 10 Pistol, 10 Rifle & 4 Shotgun. No need to pre-register, just show up and be prepared to have some fun!
Saturday Check In - 7:00am (gate to the park will be open for shooters)
Saturday Main match - 9:00am
We will not take a break for lunch so bring a snack. Once the main match is over you will have time to enjoy the park and museum - they are included in the price of the shoot.
Dinner will be served in the Picnic grounds @ 5:30pm, awards to follow. Please bring a lawn chair. Dress is casual but we encourage you to stay "Cowboy"!
Main match round count:
60 pistol
60+ rifle
32+ shotgun
Woolaroc Museum and Wildlife Preserve
1925 Wooalroc Ranch Road
Bartlesville, Ok 74003
Coordinates Lat 36° 39' 38.304'' N, Lon -96° 6' 50.364'' W GPS Coordinates Latitude 36.66064, Longitude -96.11399
Please let us know if you have any questions!"

...and the Right Honorable (Co-Match Director) Catoosa Red also had this to say:

"Well, it took me 1 week to prepare the last email I just sent out about Pursuit into the Osage Nation and, of course, I forgot a few things!
Side Matches - 12:00 noon - 4:00pm
The park and Museum will open until 5:00pm
Pot Luck dinner - Friday evening - about 6:30pm
Please bring a covered dish, drink of your choice and a lawn chair.
We should have time for a relaxing dinner before the night shoot starts @ 9:30.
That's all - at least for now!"

• 2 weeks later...

....what??? ...caught with nothing to add...

0 weeks 6 days 19 hours 59 minutes 39 seconds
until that now famous match -
"Pursuit into the Osage Nation"

...and the most accurate weather forecast that I use says that it is going to be partly cloudy on Friday and Saturday maybe a light shower overnight, and just partly cloudy on Sunday for the match....

Burly Bill will be a Woolaroc tomorrow, Monday-Memorial Day, doing the range set up thing..

if'n you are interested in goin' there & helpin' out, give Burly Bill a call as the Woolaroc is closed tomorrow, and you will need the gate code...

Well, shoot! Looks like you guys lucked out and may have a break in the rain for today's match. I say "shoot" because we'd planned to drive down Friday and come by and hobnob on Saturday. But we were looking at driving into one continues storm system and predictions of local heavy rains and flash floods.

Have a great day and make some good videos and upload them to YouTube.

Archived