SASS Wire Forum

2015 Pursuit into the Osage Nation

Oklahomabound

Big balls Little balls, I have a big decision to make. New guns with big balls or old guns with little balls.

...I be thinkin' that you oughta go with the ones that feel the best in yourownself's hands... ...and iz the most fun for yourownself... ...and makes the most smoke...

...just my 2 cents...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...a pair of the shooters at Woolaroc--Pursuit into the Osage Nation...

20140531-LongbranchKittyampBuffaloBillMa

...here's what Catoosa Red had to say...

Congrats to Buffalo Bill Matthewson - our match winner today - he was smokin!
Just an update on the 2015 Pursuit into the Osage Nation - we only have about 20 slots left, so get your entries in quickly if you are interested in attending.
So BBM - Happy Valentine's Day to you on your successful shoot... ...which revolvers did you use?

...going to inventory Ms. Mary Matilda and my cartridges to make sure that each one is loaded with the Holy Black Powder... ..its time to start brushin' up... ...since we be healthy right now...

Going back to the big balls. Got all of my guns going bang every time I pulled the trigger yesterday. Bear Creek has a tombstone rack that it took 3 380 balls to put the big tombstone down. Each one was about 3" higher on the face of the target. Going back to the 44s and do it once and be done with it.

...'ere's Catoosa Red quotin' Buffalo Bill Mathewson:

"...see below from Buffalo Bill Matthewson

Good News for Pursuit into the Osage Nation! There will be Smoke and Fire in the night air again this year!

Just because it gets dark doesn't mean you can’t shoot. Last year’s night shoot was so much fun we are going to do it again. That’s right, we are planning to have a real Osage style Smoke and Fire night shoot again this year. We will be shooting in the dark after Friday’s side matches, probably around 9:00pm. This gives you plenty of time to enjoy the park and the museum after the side matches. So if you haven’t shot in the dark before here is your chance to give it a try. We will shoot one night stage consisting of 10 rifle 10 pistol and 4 shotgun rounds. Now don’t feel bad if you shoot that newfangled smokeless powder you can still shoot in the dark. The side matches, night shoot, museum, main match and dinner - all for $35.00! Can't beat it!"

Come on out and join in on the fun.

We only have about 20 slots left, so get your entry in quickly if you are interested in attending this great shoot!

...just in case you be wonderin' 'bout that thar signmeupform to be in the last 20--look 'ere:

...http://www.itsass.net/2015_Woolaroc_Entry_Form_1a.pdf

I be thinkin' that Burly Bill & Catoosa Red 'ave done an amazin' job at 'oldin' the entry fee to just $35.... ...why that's incredible....

I now have a mold to cast Big Balls. I may be shooting Big Balls at Pursuit.

...Big Balls and more smoke... ...how could that be bad???

Spent about 12 intensive hours on the 32-20 and I think I may have it whipped as well. Big balls out of the pistol and little pills out of the rifle.

.32-20 & .32 H&R Magnum:

MVC-009F.jpgMVC-010F.jpg

Ms. Mary Matilda shoots the .32 H&R Magnum loaded plumb full of Black Powder... It is a sight to behold...

Spent about 12 intensive hours on the 32-20 and I think I may have it whipped as well. Big balls out of the pistol and little pills out of the rifle.

...revolver big balls with fire and smoke coupled with little rifle pills with fire and smoke .... still cool!!!

...just a reminder; get that thar signmeupform in if'n yur gonna... ...tic, tic, tic... ......and we be approachin' that full mark...

Burly Bill sez, "...pert near full..." "...room fer a couple more..."

...get them thar signmeupforms in to Burly Bill & Catoosa Red if'n your gonna shoot "Pursuit into the Osage Nation"

...still one of my favorite pics from "Pursuit into the Osage Nation"

20120519-RoundUpRandy-smoke.jpg

Good morning Friends.

If you have been watching this thread then you have seen the pictures of some of the scenery at this shoot. It is very unique shoot. The target placement is unique for this day and age, although they are big targets(3 feet around ) you still have to use your front sight on a few of them. The most unique thing about this shoot is there are only 2 places left before we are full. So if you don't want to be on the outside looking in get your entry's in now.

Catoosa Red says that thar be 2 shootin' spots left in the count!!!! ...that's a great response so far for a tremendous shoot fer sure!!!

...now its time to get them thar signmeupforms in to Catoosa Red and Burly Bill... ...

...one last time for them what ain't been payin' attention...

or

btt

6 March - 2 January = 2 months 4 days.... amazing response so far to this wonderful shoot...

...see ya'll at:

20140531-SunsetatWoolaroc_zps42d54630.jp

...jest tawked with that Burly Bill, Co-Match Director person, and he says he's still got room for more folks... ...so that tells meownself that it's time to get that thar signmeupform into Catoosa Red...

...just sayin' we got 79 more days left and a wake-up until the now famous "Pursuit into the Osage Nation"

Here's the now famous Pursuit into the Osage Nation countdown clock link:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150529T08&p0=402&msg=2015+Pursuit+into+the+Osage+Nation&swk=1

...its countdown the days...

weeks

days

hours

minutes

seconds

until "Pursuit into the Osage Nation"

...time is flyin' by:

weeks
days
hours
minutes
seconds
until "Pursuit into the Osage Nation"

...do ya'll hear that sound??? ...listen closely!!! ...why it's that thar countdown clock goin' tic, tic, tic, tic,...

...time is just flyin' by... why it is only:

weeks
days
hours
minutes
seconds
...until "Pursuit into the Osage Nation"

"Pursuit into the Osage Nation" is fast approaching:

weeks
days
hours
minutes
seconds
...and that old clock keeps on ticking; ...tic ...tic

...and now for the update, it is:

weeks
days
hours
minutes
seconds
...until "Pursuit into the Osage Nation"
...now is the time for all good people to come to the aid of their country... ...oops, wrong thread... :unsure:
...actually, now is the time to get them thar signmeupforms into Catoosa Red...

Archived