SASS Wire Forum

2015 Pursuit into the Osage Nation

Oklahomabound

I have now shot them both 18 rounds, three cylinders fully charged as is out of the box. No cap jams all rounds safely down range and on target when aimed. While cleaning I did some smoothing of visible burrs from the machining process on the cylinders around the indexing teeth that shouldn't have been there. The hammer springs are a bit stiff. I may shoot them in the morning at ITSASS. If it isn't broke don't fix it.

...well AMEN! ...as J-bar said +1!...

...won't be shootin' tomorrow, I've got to finish finish mowin' pastures while we have some good weather... got 'bout 3 more days worth...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see you going to 44s just as I am going with the 36s.

Shall we dance?

Some Buffalo wandering by the Long Range Target... ...yes, we be shootin' across the lake...

20140531-BuffaloattheLongRange_zps9972c5

Things did not go well with the new cap guns today. I went to one of the stages to pop caps before charging cylinders and had a problem. The cylinder bolt on one of the revolvers would not disengage at half cock and let the cylinder turn. It would release at about 3/4 cock and reengage at full cock. I had shot and loaded the gun before without problem. I put them up and shot my NMVs instead.

...that be a real opportunity.... ...fixin' it yourownself or takin' it to someone???

Who said that?

...well, I euz just figurin' that once you had them thar shoot'in irons all slicked up and shootin' as they oughta; well, you'd be so proud as to want to show a pic or 3 ...

...time off, go up to the Woolaroc Museum... ...why, because the Woolaroc Museum presents one of America's most unique displays of Western art and artifacts; Native American pottery, baskets, beads, blankets and cultural art; historical displays and one of the most complete collections of Colt firearms. It is one of the most outstanding western art collections in the world that also represents the culture and lifestyles of the people and peoples of America and the American West.

gunroom.jpg

...and the moon will be: Waxing gibbous, Visible: 83% ↑Age: 11 days

I shot the new cap guns at Tulsey town today. I had one no fire I attributed to most likely being a bad cap as some were sheading the green dot in the bottom of the cap. The biggest issue was a cap jam on stage six. I was shooting gunfighter and managed to shoot the other gun dry holster clear the jam and finish without a "P". This will have to improve some if I am going to shoot them at Pursuit into the Osage. I also heard that they have 36 shooters signed up already.

I shot the new cap guns at Tulsey town today. I had one no fire I attributed to most likely being a bad cap as some were sheading the green dot in the bottom of the cap. The biggest issue was a cap jam on stage six. I was shooting gunfighter and managed to shoot the other gun dry holster clear the jam and finish without a "P". This will have to improve some if I am going to shoot them at Pursuit into the Osage. I also heard that they have 36 shooters signed up already.

...gettin' through jam without a "P" is really good!!! ...congrats...

...36+ signed up so far!!! ...that's great as well!!!

...get those signmeupforms in to Burly Bill and Catoosa Red... Pursuit is just around the corner!!!

One of Pursuit into the Osage Nation's more memorable stages...

20120519-FloatingTarget.jpg

Yep it is a nice place for taking in the scenery.

...sure 'nough!!! ...and there'll be some of this...

20140531-Isthatadeeroutthere_zps3c851887

Good Friends & Good Food, is a good caption for that picture.

...ain't that the truth...

...finally got around to sendin' in Ms. Mary Matilda and meownself's signmeupforms for "Pursuit into the Osage Nation"...

...Burly Bill says we be approachin' 70 or so...

OKB, That gal in the center of the picture has a nice set of brass pickers.

...yes, indeed...

...we received our confirmation yesterday from Catoosa Red (ain't she the nicest one!!!) so we are in the count for "Pursuit into the Osage Nation"...

Archived