2015 Pursuit into the Osage Nation

May 29th – 30th, 2015

(Friday & Saturday)

Held at the fabulous

Woolaroc Museum & Wildlife Preserve

http://www.woolaroc.org/

Bartlesville, Oklahoma

Friday – Side Matches ~ Saturday– 6 main stages

(signmeupforms are available- see below)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Schedule

Friday 12:00 – 4:00pm – Check in & Side Matches

Side Matches include Fastest Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Pocket Pistol, Derringer,

Long Range Big Bore Single Shot & Big Bore Lever

Saturday 8:00 – 8:30 Check in

Saturday 9:00am – 4:00 Main Match – 6 Stages

Lunch will NOT be provided so bring a sack lunch

Saturday 5:00pm – Awards & Dinner – on the grounds

• Free dry camping on the grounds
  • No grounds entry after 5:00pm but arrangements can be made if you need to ext

Are you looking for a Cowboy shoot the way they used to be? Want to use that front sight? Tired of getting a “P” if you mess up? Well, Partners – this is the shoot for you! Questions? Call Burly Bill – 918.830.2936

Match is limited to the first 100 shooters!

ALL SASS Safety Rules apply!

Main Match Ammunitions Requirements: Approximately 60 Pistol, 60 Rifle & 25 shotgun rounds

Catoosa Red says:

Greetings Friends and Happy New Year!

Planning your shooting schedule for 2015 yet?

Well, entry for the 2015 Pursuit into the Osage Nation is now open and it is posted at the link below:

http://www.itsass.net/2015_Woolaroc_Entry_Form.pdf

...stay tuned, more to come...

Are you looking for a Cowboy shoot the way they used to be? Want to use that front sight? Tired of getting a “P” if you mess up? Well, Partners – this is the shoot for you! Questions? Call Burly Bill – 918.830.2936

Match is limited to the first 100 shooters!

ALL SASS Safety Rules apply!

Main Match Ammunitions Requirements: Approximately 60 Pistol, 60 Rifle & 25 shotgun rounds

Does this mean this match is not shot under SASS rules?

Does this mean this match is not shot under SASS rules?

"...under SASS rules?" Yes it is shot under SASS rules less one, just like it says. This is a great match shot in conjunction with the folks at Woolaroc Museum and Wildlife Preserve.

2014-Groupphoto_zpsc0ea48f6.jpg

...just an example of the targets for one of the stages from 2014:

20140531-Redbonustargets_zps960d45aa.jpg

My check is in the mail.

Give Catoosa Red a holler at <itsassredcastle@gmail.com>

Shot this in 2013 never had so much fun in my life could not ask for better people to shoot with. Are the entry forms out yet? Thanks Bulldog Brown

Go to this 'ere location:

http://www.itsass.net/2015_Woolaroc_Entry_Form.pdf

...this be it...

Bottles! Bottles! ...yes I know its early, but we need to be buyin' a drink for them that's gettin' them thar signmeupforms in to Burly Bill and Catoosa Red.. so Bottles please pour out whatever these folks be drinkin'

...pay for it??? ...why Bottles, you know that these 'ere round(s) will be goin' on Burly Bill's tab...

...yes Bottles!!! ...you know that Burly Bill said it would be okay, that iz he said it be okay if and when he finds out... ;)

give me a double shot of good Irish and Thanks, Bill.

Hey Bottles! ...get Noz a shot or 3 of your Bushmills 21 Year Old Single Malt Irish Whiskey... and slide one over this way since your at it...

...Noz, you are most welcome!

...good news from SASS... ...FCGF is finally recognized after all these years...

I've tried twice and failed to make this match. Maybe third time will be a charm.

...well Pulp, I'm sure the 3rd time will w**k for you!!!! ...just get that thar signmeupform in to Burly Bill & Catoosa Red...

Kitty and I have our check in the mail as well.

...'ave you started savin' up your smoke???

I've tried twice and failed to make this match. Maybe third time will be a charm.

C'mon Pulp. You add interest to my shooting.

Yes I have been. Kitty and I both have about 200 rounds smoke cartridge and about 50 rounds shot packed with smoke. I may even be sporting new pair cap n ball smokers by then if they both work as well as the first one has been.

What you got?

Part of the answer is in this question. Do new production Pietta's have weak hand spring issues?

...ah come on!! ...Post a picture or 3... inquirin' minds an' all...

When I get time to learn how to post pictures I will but right now I need to find bigger balls. My current balls are .380 these new cap guns seem to want .454 balls.

...does it look like this:

PF51CH44712.jpg

1851 NAVY, CASEHARDENED FRAME, BLUED BBL in .44

Part of the answer is in this question. Do new production Pietta's have weak hand spring issues?

I'm still a proponent of the Pettifogger modification.

...and 'ere's the 2013 folks at the "Pursuit into the Osage Nation"

3rdAnnual_zps4c543431.jpg

I take it the Pettifoger mod is the coil hand spring and plunger like the Ruger's have?

Right!

Yes I have been. Kitty and I both have about 200 rounds smoke cartridge and about 50 rounds shot packed with smoke. I may even be sporting new pair cap n ball smokers by then if they both work as well as the first one has been.

So Buffalo Bill Mathewson, when are we gonna 'ear more 'bout these 'ere new guns of yours...

So Buffalo Bill Mathewson, when are we gonna 'ear more 'bout these 'ere new guns of yours...

I have now shot them both 18 rounds, three cylinders fully charged as is out of the box. No cap jams all rounds safely down range and on target when aimed. While cleaning I did some smoothing of visible burrs from the machining process on the cylinders around the indexing teeth that shouldn't have been there. The hammer springs are a bit stiff. I may shoot them in the morning at ITSASS. If it isn't broke don't fix it.

Archived