SASS Wire Forum

Wanted Dead or Alive a-thon

Jefro, SASS#69420

Today on the Western Channel, 12 hours of "Wanted Dead or Alive" with Steve McQueen. Or you can wait till Friday and it along with "Death Valley Days" will be on each day from 6:05 - 8:00 EST. Happy New Year and.....Good Luck :)

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

I like the show, always did, but man is it hard to ignore the big .45-70 type bullets he's wearing that won't fit in that cut down 92! What the heck were they thinking'??? They could have used a cut down 86 and it would have been even closer to period correct as well! :wacko:

Use to be one of my favorites. Was switching between football and WDOA an notice them big ol' bullets and that little bitty rifle. Just couldn't get into it after that. See what this dang game will do to ya.

Yeah my dad and I were watching it and besides the bullet problem he hardly worked the lever he shot it more like a SAA than a rifle cocking the hammer and firing and fanning it. Not very realistic

I don't think they had much in the way of technical advisors like they do now.

But to me it's a great childhood memory's watching those shows. Like sitting on the sofa next to my Dad watching the old Combat programs with Vic Morrow. I try not to read anymore into it.

I don't think they had much in the way of technical advisors like they do now.

But to me it's a great childhood memory's watching those shows. Like sitting on the sofa next to my Dad watching the old Combat programs with Vic Morrow. I try not to read anymore into it.

+1...I really liked Combat...forgot about it until you mentioned it...:)

Archived