SASS Wire Forum

40 pages of insanity

Subdeacon Joe

Interesting that the opening statement is totally incorrect. The M16 military rifle is a derivative of the AR15 which was originally a civilian design!

I hope that this action doesn't land in some idiot liberal judges court where it draws undue publicity. With federal statutes as they are, this should be dismissed out of hand, with prejudice!!!

I hate to say it. But it's not only about the guns. It''s about money also.

They want the defendants to pay for something that has nothing to do with guns but has everything to do with mental health. But they can't sue the Lanza's as they have nothing to get.

One unasked question is "How much money is Bloomberg pouring into this?"

If he is funding this, I hope that the plaintiffs loose and badly. Then I'd like to see the plaintiffs ordered to pay some exorbitant court costs and lawyers' fees and come to realize that Bloomie could have just given them the money and they'd have avoided the heartache!!

Sounds cold, I know, but it would set a precedent that would preclude any further participation in such idiocy!!

Ya know there is one unanswered question about all this. Why hasn't the School System been sued for not protecting the children? I mean they use the argument that the gun manufacturers knew those types of guns were used in other shootings. The schools also knew that but did nothing to protect the children. So what makes them immune to this suit?

They are not suing the school district, because this is not about righting a wrong. This is about extorting money out of the gun industry in the hope of crippling the gun industry or putting them out of business.

Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act is designed to protect the firearm industry from frivolous law suits like this. BUT, hard to say how a judge will rules on these things ....

MS

In this case, if worse comes to worse, the appeals process is our friend.

I've been wrong about these things before (the McDonald's hot coffee case comes to mind), but I really don't see this lawsuit going anywhere. The plaintiffs have to know it's a losing case if it goes to trial. I'm betting that they're hoping Freedom Group will offer to settle out of court with some sort of statement that denies all wrong-doing by Freedom Group, but still pays them a small fortune.

It's blanket extortion, but I'm willing to cut those people some slack. They have to still be in deep intense pain and are lashing out not out of logic but out of an overwhelming emotional need to find some one responsible in some way and share their grief and misery.

Yeah, that's not exactly the greatest of human endeavors, but it's one that lots of people experience after being dealt such a tragic blow.

Here's to hoping the judge takes one look at this, then spends about three or four days composing an iron tight opinion rejecting the case with prejudice.

Archived